Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mediation
Ok I've tried mediation last Summer but the Mediator couldn't control the meeting. Since then I'm on a restricted access with my daughter and only pick her up 1 x every two weeks on a Saturday and return her on a Sunday at 5pm. Additionally I pick up my daughter from school at 3:20pm on a Mon and Thursday and return her at 6:30pm.

I have recently asked her to join a mediation session two weeks ago. All I get is that she wants to go with the old Mediator and cannot make a Friday at 2pm (that's her only day off btw) as she's saying it's her turn to pick up my daughter from school. It's been two weeks now and I've heard nothing. Do I go to a mediator and report her absence and apply for court? Do I represent myself or go the expensive route and take a lawyer with me?
(02-17-2017, 07:00 PM)lloydy76 Wrote: Ok I've tried mediation last Summer but the Mediator couldn't control the meeting. Since then I'm on a restricted access with my daughter and only pick her up 1 x every two weeks on a Saturday and return her on a Sunday at 5pm. Additionally I pick up my daughter from school at 3:20pm on a Mon and Thursday and return her at 6:30pm.

I have recently asked her to join a mediation session two weeks ago. All I get is that she wants to go with the old Mediator and cannot make a Friday at 2pm (that's her only day off btw) as she's saying it's her turn to pick up my daughter from school. It's been two weeks now and I've heard nothing. Do I go to a mediator and report her absence and apply for court? Do I represent myself or go the expensive route and take a lawyer with me?

I've had a similar experience, but the first mediator for us didn't work for a number of reasons, location being one so perhaps a slightly different situation, but it is important to ensure things are convenient for both of you. 

You can choose to instigate mediation, I did. I found a conveniently located mediator equal distance between the pair of us. It is then up to her if she chooses not to attend - What happens from there, I am not entirely sure, but there are people on here who will be able to comment further.

You'd also need to understood the reasons as to why the mediation couldn't be controlled, don't get me wrong frustrations run high but it should be a controlled environment.

All I would say is, if you can agree to get a different mediator, make sure you have a goal - an aim of why you are doing it and what you want to get out of it at the end. I found out the hard (and expensive) way. At least that way you'll have a focus of where you are going in there.

Good luck