Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supervised Access
Can anyone confirm what the legal definition of supervised access is? Or any derivatives of supervised access?

I think me and my ex have very different definitions of this.
(02-18-2017, 11:41 AM)strider Wrote: Can anyone confirm what the legal definition of supervised access is? Or any derivatives of supervised access?

I think me and my ex have very different definitions of this.

While you both might have your own opinions on this, in the case of a Child Arrangments Order, it will either name someone to be present if thats what a court decides, or it will be at a Contact Centre.

From memory the situation in your case is that your ex is making claims that contact should be Supervised.

What needs addressing is why she is making the claim, as unless she can evidance you can not look after the childs needs, or you pose a Child Welfare/Protection risk then you are going to get normal contact when this goes to court.

The Positon you should put forward to the court is there is no evidance to surgest supervised contact is needed, and as per my PM on your Position Statement refer to the number of times you have been with your child with no other person in sight, and let the Judge form their own opinion on that.
For the benefit of other members, on the PM we was talking times for example where she was upstairs in the house, or had gone out to the local shop etc.

My view is the Judge will decide at the point she left you on your own with the child, everything was considered, so unless something since then has come up, her claims will not stand up on merit. Even if the Judge does not decide you have had unsupervised contact, it does not alter the fact your ex needs to show why its needed.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Well her argument is that I'll 'flip out' if I find it too much looking after my son. That's it. And that's based on arguments we've had while our relationship was breaking down in the sense that I shouted - as we both did - during disagreements. That's the meat of her case. I'd find it laughable if it wasn't so frustrating and upsetting.

Regardless of the fact I find parenting my son the easiest thing in the world, she knows I'm great with him and has acknowledged this and what happens between me and my ex has no bearing on my ability to parent given that's all in the past. It just doesn't make sense what she's doing and it's creating additional and unnecessary discord between us.

I'll stop banging on about it now. But this forum is a constant source of advice, help and, most importantly, reassurance. I can't thank everyone enough.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supervised access? (She won't go to mediation) KM12 7 9,000 01-24-2017, 06:33 PM
Last Post: jamesbond