Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access
Hi there, my ex and I separated Jan 2016.

I have been paying a set amount in form of ailment and child maintenance, whilst we have been working towards selling house, coming to financial settlement and minute of agreement.

A change in work circumstances have forced me to approach her with regard reducing payments, and I did so after discussing with my solicitor.

Having submitted my reviewed offer my ex has reacted by reducing my access for 3 day/nights per week to 2 within 24hrs of offer

Anyone any experience of this or suggestions as to how to approach scenario. Feels like blackmail as even with reduced offer she'll still be better off than I am on a monthly basis

TIA
(02-18-2017, 11:41 AM)ERROLRUNNER Wrote: Hi there, my ex and I separated Jan 2016.

I have been paying a set amount in form of ailment and child maintenance, whilst we have been working towards selling house, coming to financial settlement and minute of agreement.

A change in work circumstances have forced me to approach her with regard reducing payments, and I did so after discussing with my solicitor.

Having submitted my reviewed offer my ex has reacted by reducing my access for 3 day/nights per week to 2 within 24hrs of offer

Anyone any experience of this or suggestions as to how to approach scenario. Feels like blackmail as even with reduced offer she'll still be better off than I am on a monthly basis

TIA

I am not a fan of "Family Based Agreements" on Child Support, as the Resident Parent knows the CMS result going into talks. In terms of Child Support, I would instruct your Solicitor to cover it by saying you will pay what the CMS Calculator says, and that the amount it worked out again anytime any considered fact changes.

The money side of things is not in any way related to contact. The area of law is the childss right to quality time with both parents.
If the Child Arrangements goes to court, again instruct your Solicitor, to run with your Position being 3day/nights per week was agreed by your ex, and there is no valid reason for the change. He should say that this is in direct retaliation to your change of the unconfirmed financial matters, what you do have a valid reason why it needed to change.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.