Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mediation Tips
Can anyone advise on what to expect during mediation? I have my first session coming up soon and I'm interested to know whether there's bias involved from the mediator, what mediators generally recommend, what the process is etc.

I'm still a bit sceptical as I see it as her saying her piece, me saying mine, neither of us budging and it being a waste of time. Are the mediators actually any good at breaking deadlocks or working impasse techniques?

Thanks.
mediation is all about coming to an agreement out side of court

everything you say to them stays in the room

when i went there they for the first session they asked me about my convictions and told me how mediation works and how it can help
(02-20-2017, 11:05 AM)cornishguy91 Wrote: mediation is all about coming to an agreement out side of court

everything you say to them stays in the room

when i went there they for the first session they asked me about my convictions and told me how mediation works and how it can help

Yeah, I've had the MIAM and know what's what, and could apply straight to court now if I want.

I was just wondering whether mediators are any good at breaking deadlocks as my ex is being very stubborn about this so I'm concerned it's a waste of time and money.
Good question, I have my first one (alone) booked next week.
I'm not holding much hope and considering just going straight to court proceedings as my ex has basically said whatever happens in mediation won't change her position of restricting access. So what's the point in going?!
Hi,

It very much depends on the mediator. I have seen good ones but also very, very bad ones.

If your ex does not play along mediation will not work.

This then will help you to bring it to court quickly.

F.
Yeah, I'm holding little hope for this but feel it's a last throw of the dice. I've instructed my solicitor to go ahead with court in the meantime as my ex is turning more unreasonable by the day and constantly moving the goalposts.

I'll still attend mediation but expect to throw my money away.
Hi,

Sometimes those organisations are also profit driven and you need to set yourself a limit as to how far you would go with mediation.

Take 2 sessions and if nothing is moving forward call it off and go to court. Otherwise you risk that your ex is messing around and plays the time card...

F.
Yeah, l'll sharp get a sense of where she's at as I can read her like a book. I won't put up more money than I need as I have court firmly in mind. I can't be waking up every day and wonder if she's going to restrict access on a whim. She's said she'll adhere to the court order when we eventually get there, as have I, but I have reservations about that given how stubborn she's being regarding this. No idea what happens in that scenario.

My head's getting fuzzy.
Hi,

I separated more than 2 years ago and still I am not out of court.

It is painful and frustrating but still worth every effort. I had nothing in terms of contact 2 years ago and fought back all that crap thrown at me. Your ex will soon learn that being stubborn will not help anyone...

F.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tips for enforcement hearings please Charlie7000 1 2,402 11-26-2019, 12:31 PM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Any tips for mediation? Charlie7000 1 2,776 01-17-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: LTCDAD
  Any Tips? Cheese_head_1986 10 11,143 11-22-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000