Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Layout contact order and medical issue
Hi Dads,

I am in preparation for my next hearing and I am interested to have your view on the following issues.

My application was for a variation of my current contact order which is in it's terms very unprecise and so I asked the court to change that into a more defined contact order.

The judge initially did not like the idea to tighten down times because my children are still very young (1 and 4) and asked us to try mediation and postponed the matter. Mediation never took place so we are back to square one.

I am now hoping since my child turned 4 and the other one will turn 2 in July that he will make that order more defined.

According to my initial order I should have weekend contact every other week, a midweek contact can be considered and holiday contact. The weekend contacts run smoothly but midweek and holiday we have no solution and the ex is not co-operative.

We also can not agree on the place of handovers.

I now want to draft a contact proposal in preparation for my next hearing.

In such I want to fix the weekend and midweek contact and I also want to ask for half the school holidays. I also want to ask for the passport in summer and the leave of court to remove my children from the uk for holiday abroad.

I am interested in how your orders read or what the wording is on your orders which I then could amend for my proposal.

For holiday contact. Does your order read half the school holidays to be agreed at sich and such date or do you go into details for example Easter alternating with year 1 week 1 and year 2 week 2?

How is the wording on your order?

Another issue I have is medical insurance.
I have a private insurance via my job and could add my children onto it. The ex denies her consent.

Do I stand a chance with a specific issue order? Do I even need her consent???

Thanks!
F.
(02-25-2017, 11:25 AM)Frisbos Wrote: Hi Dads,

I am in preparation for my next hearing and I am interested to have your view on the following issues.

My application was for a variation of my current contact order which is in it's terms very unprecise and so I asked the court to change that into a more defined contact order.

The judge initially did not like the idea to tighten down times because my children are still very young (1 and 4) and asked us to try mediation and postponed the matter. Mediation never took place so we are back to square one.

I am now hoping since my child turned 4 and the other one will turn 2 in July that he will make that order more defined.

According to my initial order I should have weekend contact every other week, a midweek contact can be considered and holiday contact. The weekend contacts run smoothly but midweek and holiday we have no solution and the ex is not co-operative.

We also can not agree on the place of handovers.

I now want to draft a contact proposal in preparation for my next hearing.

In such I want to fix the weekend and midweek contact and I also want to ask for half the school holidays. I also want to ask for the passport in summer and the leave of court to remove my children from the uk for holiday abroad.

I am interested in how your orders read or what the wording is on your orders which I then could amend for my proposal.

For holiday contact. Does your order read half the school holidays to be agreed at sich and such date or do you go into details for example Easter alternating with year 1 week 1 and year 2 week 2?

How is the wording on your order?

Another issue I have is medical insurance.
I have a private insurance via my job and could add my children onto it. The ex denies her consent.

Do I stand a chance with a specific issue order? Do I even need her consent???

Thanks!
F.

The point you need to raise to the court is that sorting arrangements for school holidays is not working.

What you want is the 2 week rolling rota to carry on, with the agreed mid week visits.

To fix the dates, you want

Bank Holiday Mondays, if the children are with you, then go home on the Monday instead of Sunday.

1 week holidays, contact to be on the normal weekend, so it would start or end on the Wednesday.

2 week holidays, contact to be on the normal weekend, so would be Friday - Saturday or Saturday till Sunday (8 days)

Summer holidays, the normal 2 week rota to be suspended. Both parents to have a 2 week Window, your ex to suggest dates 3 months in advance, confirmed by you, 2 months in advance. Then 2 months in advance, your ex to suggest either 2 blocks of 4 days, or 1  block of 8 days

As for the passport 21 days before you are due to travel, so it can be checked if valid and not damaged. If its in use, then you want it soon as practical following the child returning the the UK.

The normal rota to start back in line with where it should be, at the end of the summer holidays.

Christmas, again dates to be sorted 2 months in advance for planning, but alternating Christmas day, or changing over lunchtime (in my own case, I have them from Lunchtime till New Years day).

With place of handovers, if its not half way, ask CMS to considered your excessive Travel for Contact Costs, redacting Child Support.

You do not need her consent, as long as you have PR, you can give consent for Medical Treatment. Her being the Resident Parent does not alter that fact.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Specific Issue Order mmacleod73 3 4,012 11-09-2018, 10:26 PM
Last Post: marwood
  Contact issue back to court unhappydadof2 7 7,711 01-21-2018, 09:17 PM
Last Post: unhappydadof2
  Court Order Issue packdh123 2 4,198 08-08-2017, 10:05 AM
Last Post: packdh123
  Please help contact issue lee0920 2 3,548 05-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: lee0920
  Contact issue lukesblues 7 9,181 12-21-2016, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Frisbos
  What to do? Child Arrangments order or Specific Issue Order? JonseyGW17 3 8,291 04-28-2016, 11:55 AM
Last Post: MarkR