Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice please.
Hi,
My ex wife attempted suicide recently and prior to this was in danger of being made homeless.

The day of her suicide attempt I made the decision that my daughter will come to live with me and my partner. For 2 weeks after her attempt my ex wife didn't once ask how our daughter was (I had tried phoning her and texting her but all contact was ignored or rejected).

To make everything legal and above board I submitted an application to the Family Court and was given a hearing date. At this hearing my ex wife turned up, having replied to my application with 3 pages of lies stating I had psychologically bullied and abused her throughout our marriage.

Despite these lies, her suicide attempt, and her potentially being made homeless the judge stated that I had acted in an incorrect manner, had taken the law into my own hands and stated my daughter was to continue to live with my ex wife until Cafcass reports etc are completed.

2 days after this decision by the judge, my ex wife was made homeless and is now living in a B&B with my daughter.

What I want to know is;
1. How can I legally have my daughter live with us until the court hearing?
2. Who do I raise my concerns with about this?
3. My daughter has her own bedroom at our house, who do I speak with to plead that this is a much safer, stable environment to live in?

Many thanks.
(03-01-2017, 03:56 PM)MaggiesDad Wrote: Hi,
My ex wife attempted suicide recently and prior to this was in danger of being made homeless.

The day of her suicide attempt I made the decision that my daughter will come to live with me and my partner. For 2 weeks after her attempt my ex wife didn't once ask how our daughter was (I had tried phoning her and texting her but all contact was ignored or rejected).

To make everything legal and above board I submitted an application to the Family Court and was given a hearing date. At this hearing my ex wife turned up, having replied to my application with 3 pages of lies stating I had psychologically bullied and abused her throughout our marriage.

Despite these lies, her suicide attempt, and her potentially being made homeless the judge stated that I had acted in an incorrect manner, had taken the law into my own hands and stated my daughter was to continue to live with my ex wife until Cafcass reports etc are completed.

2 days after this decision by the judge, my ex wife was made homeless and is now living in a B&B with my daughter.

What I want to know is;
1.  How can I legally have my daughter live with us until the court hearing?
2. Who do I raise my concerns with about this?
3. My daughter has her own bedroom at our house, who do I speak with to plead that this is a much safer, stable environment to live in?

Many thanks.

Do you have PR? This would be by being married on the day of birth or named on the birth certificate.

Did any Court Order exist?

Cafcass and your Local Authority Childrens Services you should raise concerns with.

Part of the reports will cover housing.

The problem you have, is that now your ex has made the claim the court has a duty of care and can not make an order for the child to be with you, until Cafcass or Social Services have looked into this. Any claim your ex has made, if you do not agree, ask the court to set it down for "Finding of Fact", where she proves it or the court can not consider it.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Yes, I have PR and no pre existing court orders in place.
My frustration is with the fact that the judge appeared to have made his mind up before we even walked in the room based on the lies that she spouted.