Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No contact or address
Hi, on 3rd March (day before my daughter was 3) my wife took my daughter.  We had separated due to her domestic violence against me.  She had been arrested for her assaults and was issued a 12 month conditional discharge.  We had social service involved because of the domestic violence.  I suggested that consult with the social worker to agree the best care plan for our daughter after our separation as we could not agree on who got her and when.  I had a new place to move to, a place in a nursery and childcare from a family member arranged for when I was at work.  My wife did not have any of this things.  She said she would be staying with friends who could look after my daughter but had no nursery place and did not propose she would arrange one.  Their advice was that we both need to think about the best interests of our daughter! While I was in my meeting with them my wife took my daughter and went to stay with one of her friends.  I don't know which friend and I don't know which part of the country.  She contacted the social worker to let them know where she was but asked them not to tell me.  They still refuse to give the location of my daughter to me.  She told them I was using drugs and alcohol.  I am not and have since taken 2 private drug tests, both came back clean.  Ive been to a solicitor and she told me that I cannot begin legal proceedings until I have an address I can send papers too.  Either her solicitor or her friends.  She has not spoken to me since and has blocked all means of communication I have with her.  She will not allow me to speak or see my daughter.  My solicitor has employed the services of a tracing agent, but so far has not been able to locate her & social services are even refusing to give her location to my solicitor. Im literally stumped, I cannot see my daughter until I can get my wife into court, & I cant get my wife into court because she will not tell me where she is hiding.  Is there anything I can do? Legal bill so far has been £610, my funds will not last much longer. Social services have confirmed that they have no objections to me seeing or having my daughter, but they just keep saying that they are unable to disclose her location.
(03-14-2017, 10:31 AM)Readingram Wrote: Hi, on 3rd March (day before my daughter was 3) my wife took my daughter.  We had separated due to her domestic violence against me.  She had been arrested for her assaults and was issued a 12 month conditional discharge.  We had social service involved because of the domestic violence.  I suggested that consult with the social worker to agree the best care plan for our daughter after our separation as we could not agree on who got her and when.  I had a new place to move to, a place in a nursery and childcare from a family member arranged for when I was at work.  My wife did not have any of this things.  She said she would be staying with friends who could look after my daughter but had no nursery place and did not propose she would arrange one.  Their advice was that we both need to think about the best interests of our daughter! While I was in my meeting with them my wife took my daughter and went to stay with one of her friends.  I don't know which friend and I don't know which part of the country.  She contacted the social worker to let them know where she was but asked them not to tell me.  They still refuse to give the location of my daughter to me.  She told them I was using drugs and alcohol.  I am not and have since taken 2 private drug tests, both came back clean.  Ive been to a solicitor and she told me that I cannot begin legal proceedings until I have an address I can send papers too.  Either her solicitor or her friends.  She has not spoken to me since and has blocked all means of communication I have with her.  She will not allow me to speak or see my daughter.  My solicitor has employed the services of a tracing agent, but so far has not been able to locate her & social services are even refusing to give her location to my solicitor. Im literally stumped, I cannot see my daughter until I can get my wife into court, & I cant get my wife into court because she will not tell me where she is hiding.  Is there anything I can do? Legal bill so far has been £610, my funds will not last much longer.  Social services have confirmed that they have no objections to me seeing or having my daughter, but they just keep saying that they are unable to disclose her location.

Way forward, Fire your Solicitor.

He should of advised you to apply direct to court on a C100, under "Whereabouts not known" exemption. You have to fill in another form with it, to provide as much detail as you can.

The Court will locate and serve papers on her, using HMRC, Benefits Agency, NHS, DVLA, Police and any other Government or Local Authority Controlled Department.

State in the information form, that xxx Children's Services know the location of the Child. While they can not give it you, the Court will order they disclose it to them.

Unless she agrees to you being told, the Court will serve any papers as needed to her, for you.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Left UK in 2014 on a dependent visa and no contact with child as wife changed address Indiandad 2 6,384 05-07-2016, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Indiandad