Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY EX MOVED HOUSE AND I DO NOT KNOW HER ADDRESS
My ex has moved house and I do not know the address of where she is living with her new partner. we have a 3 year old boy and she has just had a child with her new partner. every time, I am having the csa write me that I should pay for my child but I do not have parental responsibility or my name is not listed on the birth certificate as the father.

also, how can I get court proceedings up and running if I do not have her new address
(03-15-2017, 03:23 PM)Thisiswhoiam Wrote: My ex has moved house and I do not know the address of where she is living with her new partner. we have a 3 year old boy and she has just had a child with her new partner. every time, I am having the csa write me that I should pay for my child but I do not have parental responsibility or my name is not listed on the birth certificate as the father.

also, how can I get court proceedings up and running if I do not have her new address

Hey

If you are not on the birth certificate, then you do not have PR. If you do not have PR then they can't enforce payments from you.

A mother automatically has parental responsibility for her child from birth.
A father usually has parental responsibility if he’s either:
  • married to the child’s mother
  • listed on the birth certificate (after a certain date, depending on which part of the UK the child was born in)
There is one way to prove beyond all doubt and that is a paternity DNA test and it would clear that argument up. If you come out as the dad, then you pay child maintenance AND for the DNA test. If you are not the dad, then case is closed and SHE Pays for the test.

You don't have a way of finding your ex's address legally for yourself. If you want to pursue that avenue then you will have to apply to the court, and I am Sure MarkR will chirp in with that way. I saw him write it up this week that there is a way the "court" can find the address as they can enforce this through Child Maintenance Service, but you cant do this off your own back I believe.
Advice & opinions on this forum are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.
I need to clear this up, the law does require the natural father to support their child. PR status is not related to this. A DNA test is the only acceptable defense for none payment, at a cost to the wrong person.

You are exempt from mediation in a whereabouts not known situation. You have an extra form, and the court will locate and serve papers for you. They use Police, DVLA, NHS, HMRC, Benefits agency and any other relevant government or local authority agency to do this.

Unless they agree to share the address, it's your local court it will be heard at
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Hi,

May I ask for your reasons not paying for your child and what proceedings you would like to start?

Did you had contact to you child at all?

F.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moved house, schools, impacting arrangements - help RightlyKnightly 0 1,634 10-04-2018, 12:49 PM
Last Post: RightlyKnightly