Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex controlling what happens on contact
Hi,
Hope someone can give me some advice. Divorced, with two kids,11 and 8,and remarried.
Ex can be sometimes great during handovers,and sometimes causes issues. The last issue was that she was sick of the kids coming home bleary eyed,it's affecting school work (eldest doing SAT's and is top of the class) and I keep them upto late and that the school where going to have a word with me.I have access alternate weekends for 26hours, and during access both kids play football,use trampoline,nerf wars etc and don't stop! I don't keep the kids up late, and believe that the kids might be tired after fun activities and don't like having to go home.
Last night I got a text message demanding that I give her any user names and passwords to any social media accounts the eldest has so that her and school can be sure of his safety. He has no Facebook accounts etc, though I did set a youtube account up so he could put videos on, once they had been approved by an adult, which hasn't been accessed for months, and is deleted.
So how to reply- call her bluff and say if school is concerned with safety they can contact me and he has no active accounts? Write to school and ask if they have any concerns? Ignore text until next access?
TIA
if the schools had any serious concerns then they would contact SS

maybe give the school a ring to make sure the ex isnt stiring the pot
(03-18-2017, 12:55 PM)cornishguy91 Wrote: if the schools had any serious concerns then they would contact SS

maybe give the school a ring to make sure the ex isnt stiring the pot

As this member said, schools would pass any concerns to Social Services.

Your ex is correct is saying Children need protecting and monitoring when using Social Media.
However, that as far as I am concerned is a Parental Responsibility, down to whoever care they are in when using it.

To be clear on this, either no court order exists, and your on the same legal standing as her, or if a Court Order exists, your child is doing this in time the Court has put the child in your care, so its down to you.

She has no control over what happens in contact. If she has concerns on who the children come into contact, if she can get evidence (normally Sarah's Law) then she might get Prohibited Steps, or the only other way she could take action, is on Specific Issue Application, and she would need to show there is a risk what your not capable of managing.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I was led to believe Sarah's Law was for child sex offences and it was a disclosure scheme in England and Wales?.
Advice & opinions on this forum are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.
(03-18-2017, 05:43 PM)Drew65 Wrote: I was led to believe Sarah's Law was for child sex offences and it was a disclosure scheme in England and Wales?.

Yes it is, but you can only challenge what happens when a Child is on contact, if there is a Child Welfare/Protection Issue, or if you can evidence the child is put at a risk that the other parent can not manage.

As you need evidence to get an Order, most cases are brought with Sarah's Law as the evidence.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
That's really odd.
If i was in that position I'd hate to be looked at as if I was sexually abusing a child when its about contact.
The law in the country confounds me sometimes
Advice & opinions on this forum are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.
Thanks for all your help. It's a minefield trying to be the best dad I can be, with juggling silly issues that the ex tries to create. I will speak to the school to confirm that they don't have an issue ( incase child is bragging/lieing about what we do).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Controlling behaviour Sb1353 4 4,402 04-06-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sb1353
  Ex is being controlling and unreasonable and not putting my sons feelings first Lee odriscoll 4 4,659 08-15-2018, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Lee odriscoll
  Controlling Ex Drifted 12 10,922 06-15-2018, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Drifted
  Ex is controlling when I see my boy dadsrights123 10 17,789 09-13-2016, 05:58 AM
Last Post: Justindege