What happens at a first hearing
[Image: 28akrwo.png]
[Image: 10xdfzb.png]
[Image: 2872g4h.png]
[Image: 2ep0cjl.png]
[Image: 206d5ib.png]
[Image: dwcbkm.png]
Sorry not something the MODs can do.
The problem is the original images you posted are actually upside down. All the forum software does is link to that image and display it. I have checked the source code to correlate this and you are loading the images to Google+ and linking the forum post to that picture.
Nothing we can do I am afraid.

You will have to edit the pictures yourself at your end and edit the forum links.
Advice & opinions on this forum are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.
im not actually sure why they are upside down

on the email FnF sent me it shows them all the right way up

i managed to sort them out

now they should help people who have never been to a family court hearing before
Really helpful advice

my first hearing was due at 10.30 and we didn't even get into court until after midday, lots of discussion with cafcass, which included sight of the initial cafcass safeguarding letter which I had not received prior to that day...

my wife had a barrister, I represented myself.
The judge was very direct and tbh I didn't feel as if I had the opportunity to really say my piece, but as the judge didn't have the police reports in (2 non crime domestic incidents) there was little they could do other than order the s7 report.

I was asked to work with wife's barrister to pull together a contact plan.
it was nowhere near what I wanted but a very slight improvement on what had gone before.

I am used to formal meetings through previous work so I wasn't so intimidated but I guess if you aren't used to that sort of thing it was VERY formal. Speak only when you're spoken to etc

golden rule - try and keep calm and keep your statements brief.
Hi,

I think many dads make the mistake in going to court somewhat unprepared or get overwhelmed and intimidated by the events at the hearing itself.

I myself made the mistake often going to court not having a clear idea what I really want from the judge or was just relying on my barrister to know for me. I only knew that the current situation was unacceptable and needed changing.

I now always go to court writing down what I want the judge to do and I stick to that. I even often would ask for more than what is on my paper to have some material to negotiate with.

A judge will to start with always try to mediate because if there is a agreement between the parties the orders are made by consent and the judge avoids making potential unpopular decisions that way.

I personally would find it extremely unprofessional from a judge to expect you to negotiate with a barrister. Most likely the judge also asked the barrister to draft the order and the judge would then just sign this.

That to me does not leave you on equal grounds. It takes balls but I think it's then best to give your piece of paper to the barrister and if he/she does not accept throw it back at the judge. If you are not happy with what is on the table then don't accept it.

Most of us take what they can get because we are so desperate for contact with the children. The professionals know that and they play that card if you let them.

F.
Can anyone help...

I am due to attend the Dispute Resolution Hearing (2nd visit to court) next week and I am taking a barrister this time. I have filed and served my statement as instructed in the interim order. My ex has failed to do so (no surprise there!)
Do you know if the court will take this into account? Will she be penalised? I have already had to apply for an enforcement order as she couldn't even stick to the measly interim order !