Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cafcass - Applying for a Needs, Wishes and Feelings
I have a final hearing in May and I would like to apply for Cafcass to do a childrens needs, wishes and feelings assessment. 
I've made an application with the court to have my children on a Sunday night so that I can take them to school. I've done mediation and their mother insists that they don't want to stay overnight. This isn't what my eldest is telling me, I just want the best for my children and so I think perhaps if Cafcass can speak to my daugher they can perhaps report to court what she want's.

Can anyone tell me how a go about applying for cafcass to do this? Do I first write to the court or Cafcass or do I contact my ex's solicitors? I suspect if I contact her solicitors they will block this as I'm sure they will be worried that my daughter will tell cafcass that she does want to stay.

I don't have a solicitor.
Hi,

How old are the children and what applications have been made exactly?

Presuming you have had hearings already what has been decided and how is the contact regulated at the moment?

F.
Hi, so I've submitted a specific issues order to try and address the handovers at the end of the weekend after having the children from Friday night. This is stressful for the children and it eats into my contact time. I'm proposing that this issue would go away by me taking the children to School on the Monday. This allows the children to relax and we aren't constrained by a 5pm deadline. Currently at around 4pm we have to run round and make sure we have all the children's belongings get them ready and put them into the car and drive 30mins to the drop off. This makes my eldest anxious and just put's undue pressure on everyone. Also the drop off involves me handing the children over to my Ex's mum and there's bad blood there.

My eldest daughter is 9, she says that she wants to stay over and regularly asks to stay longer and has to call her mum or grandmum to ask if thats ok. My ex is however claiming that she doesn't want to stay, this has come about after a failed attempt of mediation. I'm conscious my daughter could be saying one thing to me another to her mum. This I why I think the best cause of action would be for Needs, Wishes and Feelings assessment. My youngest daughter is only 4 so I don't want and assessment for her.

Hope this helps and thanks for your time.
(03-20-2017, 09:01 AM)JamieRWebb Wrote: I have a final hearing in May and I would like to apply for Cafcass to do a childrens needs, wishes and feelings assessment. 
I've made an application with the court to have my children on a Sunday night so that I can take them to school. I've done mediation and their mother insists that they don't want to stay overnight. This isn't what my eldest is telling me, I just want the best for my children and so I think perhaps if Cafcass can speak to my daugher they can perhaps report to court what she want's.

Can anyone tell me how a go about applying for cafcass to do this? Do I first write to the court or Cafcass or do I contact my ex's solicitors? I suspect if I contact her solicitors they will block this as I'm sure they will be worried that my daughter will tell cafcass that she does want to stay.

I don't have a solicitor.

You might be to late in your case. You would normally put this into your Position Statement, and then at Directions or Dispute Resolution, the Judge will consider if they they agree, order it.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Thanks, I've written a letter to the Court, which I will send off today.
I will of course put this into my position statement as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex is being controlling and unreasonable and not putting my sons feelings first Lee odriscoll 4 4,659 08-15-2018, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Lee odriscoll
  Is it worth applying? Ghostdancer 29 26,409 03-15-2018, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  applying for a non-molestation order on mother while also seeking residence? macbeth102 7 8,860 03-21-2017, 12:04 PM
Last Post: LTCDAD
  Experiences applying for contact order mhamill6 9 13,356 12-15-2016, 10:44 AM
Last Post: StartingLifeAgain