Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is she playing tricks? Shall I be careful?
Hi,

Situation: married with a 3 years old child.

We just spoke about going ahead with divorce and during our conversation we agreed a 50/50 shared care (1 week on 1 week off).
We still live together in a rented property and even though I told my wife she could keep it and I could move out, she said she doesn't want o carry on living there and that she intends to move out herself.

Now she's asking me to sort out divorce and she will then move out... I don't really trust her intentions at the moment so I'm just wondering if she's playing any trick...

What shall I do to be on the safe side?
Shall I sort out the shared care agreement first and make it legally binding before proceeding with divorce?
(03-23-2017, 02:35 PM)mcnl Wrote: What shall I do to be on the safe side?
Shall I sort out the shared care agreement first and make it legally binding before proceeding with divorce?

Definitely. Go to mediation and have a written agreement that children live with both parents and that you have a shared care arrangements.
Go as far as devising a detailed plan of which night the children stay with which parent. You don't have to stick to it as different circumstances may change this from time to time, but definitely have an agreement in writing which is legally binding.

You never know what happens in the future and if you two fall out over anything, she can use the children against you. Stay her best friend until you get a legal agreement on shared care.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex wife's fella playing mind games Spike8744 30 34,803 04-17-2019, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Spike8744