Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child visitation and specific order!
I split from my ex wife last December after 5 years of marriage due to constant disagreements and silly arguements.After i moved my things out of the house ,she refused to allow the kids to spend time with me .I visit them in their school twice a week after school hours and spend close to 45 mins with them.

I have been paying Child upport for the kids since January as calculated by the agency.

I have just received a Notice of Proceedings letter from the court for next month as I applied for a child arrangement order and a specific issue order .Is CAFCASS going to contact me or not?Please what should I do next?
I can only tell you here what happened with me.
I turned up for my case and Cafcass were there in a room. They interviewed me and my ex separately. After the case Cafcass then had to file a report and this is where they come round and see you and your ex. They also interviewed each child at School separately.
It is paramount that any concerns you have regarding your ex that they are mentioned in the 1st meeting with Cafcass at Court, as if they arent stated from the off then they dont exist.
Like I said I can only go on my experience but giving you an example:
I applied for access to the court. I got to Court and when I was called in to speak to Caffcass they announced I was drug and alcohol dependant (news to me, I'm pretty much T Total for a start). I never put my concerns across about my ex therefore I made her look fine! I had to have all the hair follicle tests done before access was even considered. I was negative on both but............ heres the thing............ the Cafcass report did show that my ex was a cannabis smoker (they dragged that out of her). Of course this was not mentioned in Court as I had not accused her of it... but in my statement which I sent to the Court before my case I made sure I did! So be prepared as anything can happen.
(03-24-2017, 09:25 AM)Lovelydad Wrote: I split from my ex wife last December after 5 years of marriage due to constant disagreements and silly arguements.After i moved my things out of the house ,she refused to allow the kids to spend time with me .I visit them in their school twice a week after school hours and spend close to 45 mins with them.

I have been paying Child upport for the kids since January as calculated by the agency.

I have just received a Notice of Proceedings letter from the court for next month as I applied for a child arrangement order and a specific issue order .Is CAFCASS going to contact me or not?Please what should I do next?

Where any Child Welfare/Protection Issues are stated on the application, its normal for them to do background checks. However, this would not involve any contact with you in some cases. Might just be as simple of getting an Enhanced CRB check done for the Court. They will phone or write if they need to contact you.

At the First Hearing, the Judge will decide what reports/statements they want, and if Cafcass and/or Social Services are going to be invovled.

If either are put in as a Guardian, then they should be talking to both sides about any concerns.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(03-24-2017, 02:11 PM)MarkR Wrote:
(03-24-2017, 09:25 AM)Lovelydad Wrote: I split from my ex wife last December after 5 years of marriage due to constant disagreements and silly arguements.After i moved my things out of the house ,she refused to allow the kids to spend time with me .I visit them in their school twice a week after school hours and spend close to 45 mins with them.

Where any Child Welfare/Protection Issues are stated on the application, its normal for them to do background checks. However, this would not involve any contact with you in some cases. Might just be as simple of getting an Enhanced CRB check done for the Court. They will phone or write if they need to contact you.

At the First Hearing, the Judge will decide what reports/statements they want, and if Cafcass and/or Social Services are going to be invovled.

If either are put in as a Guardian, then they should be talking to both sides about any concerns.

I didn't state any on my application but I expect my ex to raise some made up ones when she speaks to CAFCASS. Will this have any bearing on my case?

Sorry for hijacking the thread!
(03-24-2017, 10:52 AM)Patrick C Wrote: I can only tell you here what happened with me.  
I turned up for my case and Cafcass were there in a room.  They interviewed me and my ex separately. After the case Cafcass then had to file a report and this is where they come round and see you and your ex.  They also interviewed each child at School separately.  
It is paramount that any concerns you have regarding your ex that they are mentioned in the 1st meeting with Cafcass at Court, as if they arent stated from the off then they dont exist.
Like I said I can only go on my experience but giving you an example:
I applied for access to the court. I got to Court and when I was called in to speak to Caffcass they announced I was drug and alcohol dependant (news to me, I'm pretty much T Total for a start). I never put my concerns across about my ex therefore I made her look fine!  I had to have all the hair follicle tests done before access was even considered. I was negative on both but............ heres the thing............ the Cafcass report did show that my ex was a cannabis smoker (they dragged that out of her).  Of course this was not mentioned in Court as I had not accused her of it... but in my statement which I sent to the Court before my case I made sure I did! So be prepared as anything can happen.

Thanks Patrick,

Do I need to write them a statement before the date stating what I want?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Specific Issue Order mmacleod73 3 4,012 11-09-2018, 10:26 PM
Last Post: marwood
  Specific issues order Dadhl 1 2,632 01-14-2018, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Specific issues order Dadhl 6 7,711 11-14-2017, 12:31 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  specific step order for a holiday biziet_12 3 5,430 07-12-2017, 03:05 PM
  Depression after visitation maven2017 3 5,498 04-21-2017, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Patrick C
  visitation time rossw33 2 4,126 02-15-2017, 01:42 PM
Last Post: LTCDAD
  What to do? Child Arrangments order or Specific Issue Order? JonseyGW17 3 8,291 04-28-2016, 11:55 AM