Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help
Hi Dads,

I am over my position statement for my hearing next week.

I am struggling to formulate that I would want half the school holidays and would like to be a bit more precise than just saying half of the school holidays.

Does anybody has a court order granting him half the school holidays? What does this order say exactly?

For example I would like to break this whole thing down requesting an order which says fir example

1 week holiday contact to start/end on a Wednesday mother to bring the child and father to return the child....

I am going crazy over this....

Thanks!
F.
(03-27-2017, 09:57 PM)Frisbos Wrote: Hi Dads,

I am over my position statement for my hearing next week.

I am struggling to formulate that I would want half the school holidays and would like to be a bit more precise than just saying half of the school holidays.

Does anybody has a court order granting him half the school holidays? What does this order say exactly?

For example I would like to break this whole thing down requesting an order which says fir example

1 week holiday contact to start/end on a Wednesday mother to bring the child and father to return the child....

I am going crazy over this....

Thanks!
F.

As per our chat the other night, normally you need a half the school holidays order to fail, before you will get defined contact, unless its by agreement.

If your ex will agree to it, the normal would be

1 week holidays, contact extended, to be a normal weekend, but start or end on the Wednesday.

2 week holidays, normal weekend, so it would be 8 days, from either the day school term ends, or from the second Saturday.

Easter, normally 2 weeks and 4 days holiday. The time up to Good Friday to be divided by 2, and to take place starting on a normal weekend, extended to make it half the days each.  Good Friday till Easter Monday, you could ask to alternate, or perhaps you ask for from Lunchtime Easter Sunday, return back on the Monday afternoon, so you both share the day.

Summer, its normal to not follow any timetable in place. What you can ask for, is for her to suggest dates 3 months in advance so that you can make travel arrangements etc, and for you to confirm at least 2 months in advance. You want both parents to have a 2 week window at first, to not restrict start dates of holidays, and then to share out the remaining time.

What works for me and my ex, was at Christmas I had the children from lunchtime Christmas day, till Lunchtime New Years day, so we both was sharing the main dates.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.