Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSA Advice
hi i have just joined this group looking for some advise, i have had shared care for my son since he was 2 year old hes is now 17, last year when he turned 16 he started doing his own thing not staying as much at my house, he has left school and at collage 3 days a week, my x wife has now contacted the csa about this who have contacted me to say shared care has stoped and i will have to pay full csa, my son doesnt want to stay 3 nights a week as its to far away from his freinds and girlfreind,

can someone tell me where i stand on this matter, i have a court order to say he has to stay at mines for 3 days a week but he is 17 and i cant force him to stay!

any advice would be much appreciated

thanks Jamie
(03-30-2017, 12:12 PM)Mrduck2111 Wrote: hi i have just joined this group looking for some advise, i have had shared care for my son since he was 2 year old hes is now 17, last year when he turned 16 he started doing his own thing not staying as much at my house, he has left school and at collage 3 days a week, my x wife has now contacted the csa about this who have contacted me to say shared care has stoped and i will have to pay full csa, my son doesnt want to stay 3 nights a week as its to far away from his freinds and girlfreind,

can someone tell me where i stand on this matter, i have a court order to say he has to stay at mines for 3 days a week but he is 17 and i cant force him to stay!

any advice would be much appreciated

thanks Jamie

With this being an old CSA case I am not 100% on their rules.

However, in a CMS case, the deciding factor is if Child Benefit is still in payment (or would be if income was not to high to recieve it).

See http://www.gov.uk/child-benefit-16-19  .  As you can see, the important detail is what Education and how many timetable hours, and is he working over 24 hours.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.