Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Brexit affecting you?
Hi,

So, here is me not knowing if I will still be able to stay in the UK to see my children grow up.

As much as I love the UK but I am not really here by pure choice and came because mum took them here.

Can't deny that this does worry me.

Any other dads affected?

F.
(03-30-2017, 11:05 PM)Frisbos Wrote: Hi,

So, here is me not knowing if I will still be able to stay in the UK to see my children grow up.

As much as I love the UK but I am not really here by pure choice and came because mum took them here.

Can't deny that this does worry me.

Any other dads affected?

F.

I have English family who due to marrige now live in Spain. Luckally they have always kept a valid UK Passpport, as well as a Spanish National Identify card (what is valid for entry into Spain and other EU member states), as requiered by their law.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I can't see them excluding people who are already here. I know there is plenty of gum flapping going on about it but realistically, I dont think they have committed themselves yet as they are considering their options.

It would be morally wrong and quite stupid of them to deport any foreign nationals as it would destroy the economy far and wide. I dont know where you hail from (nor do I care in the grand scheme of things, as it is irrelevant to me where people come from so long as they are good natured, well mannered and contribute to society), but if the UK government decided to make all of your fellow countrymen here in the UK an exile, I am sure trade agreements from your country, would be slim on the ground, if non existent, the UK in the eyes of the wider economic communities would be aghast at the process and would probably sanction the UK to boot.
Advice & opinions on this forum are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.
(03-31-2017, 06:13 AM)Drew65 Wrote: I can't see them excluding people who are already here. I know there is plenty of gum flapping going on about it but realistically, I dont think they have committed themselves yet as they are considering their options.

It would be morally wrong and quite stupid of them to deport any foreign nationals as it would destroy the economy far and wide. I dont know where you hail from (nor do I care in the grand scheme of things, as it is irrelevant to me where people come from so long as they are good natured, well mannered and contribute to society), but if the UK government decided to make all of your fellow countrymen here in the UK an exile, I am sure trade agreements from your country, would be slim on the ground, if non existent, the UK in the eyes of the wider economic communities would be aghast at the process and would probably sanction the UK to boot.

I think there should be no restrictions on people here, unless they are convicted of a Criminal Offence resulting in a Prision Sentance of 6 months or more, where we should have the right to remove them, what we can not do normally under EU law.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.