Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
child access
Hello All
I wonder if anyone is able to help with advise for me,regarding my seven year old son.When my son was born both me and my girlfriend registered his birth together we never lived together or married and shortly after his first birthday was split.Since this time i have had access to see him as and when it suits her and she often changes the contact at short notice depending what her social calendar dictates the best option for her.This scenario is getting more and more frequent and i am told when and when i can see him,even when trying to negotiate with her its her way or the highway.
What can i do about this situation?
Thanks Huh
(04-03-2017, 07:16 PM)steven Wrote: Hello All
I wonder if anyone is able to help with advise for me,regarding my seven year old son.When my son was born both me and my girlfriend registered his birth together we never lived together or married and shortly after his first birthday was split.Since this time i have had access to see him as and when it suits her and she often changes the contact at short notice depending what her social calendar dictates the best option for her.This scenario is getting more and more frequent and i am told when and when i can see him,even when trying to negotiate with her its her way or the highway.
Thanks Huh

As you have PR for the child, you should be getting at least along the lines of Friday till Sunday every 2 weeks, and up to half school holidays.

You need to arrange Mediation, as before you can apply to court you need

1, Her to "No Show", where they provide a letter
2, Them to give you a "Deadlock" letter
3, An agreement to be made, and not followed.

You can get Legal Aid with Mediation in some cases, and you might get help with Court Fee if your on a low income or on means tested benefits.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(04-03-2017, 07:29 PM)MarkR Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 07:16 PM)steven Wrote: Hello All
Thanks Huh

As you have PR for the child, you should be getting at least along the lines of Friday till Sunday every 2 weeks, and up to half school holidays.

You need to arrange Mediation, as before you can apply to court you need

1, Her to "No Show", where they provide a letter
2, Them to give you a "Deadlock" letter
3, An agreement to be made, and not followed.

You can get Legal Aid with Mediation in some cases, and you might get help with Court Fee if your on a low income or on means tested benefits.

Hello
Thanks for the advise.
Kind regards
As you have equal PR and depending on your own availability you are in your right to have them equally until a higher authority says otherwise i.e. a court.

You could in fact do the same to her and have the kids then not give them back until you have had your equal time. She can't do a single thing about it.

Stand your ground. Get into a routine. Then either agree between you or file a court application. Once you are in a routine it is very difficult for a court to change that without solid justification.

Good luck!