Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child arrangements when 17+
My daughter is now 17 years old, lives with her mother and works every weekend.  I pay the CMS over £400 a month and had various rows with them about arrears.  IN a nutshell my EX WIFE (I have other words but wont use them) is a GOLD DIGGER, she is always contacting the CMS to try and get more money out of me each month.  She has remarried and two other children, 4 girls in total, (two are mine, daughters 21 and 17).

What I am asking is we had a formal arrangement in place for my daughter to come EVERY other weekend which used to happen, but since she has started working and has a social life she no longer comes every other weekend, much to my sadness as I miss her.  It isnt her fault, she wants her own money and life.

My ex has gone to the CMS saying I no longer see her every other weekend and would like more money per month from me as she has sole care, again not fair due to the nature of circumstances.  I have always paid for my daughters every month and given them as much as I could.

The CMS took over the case from the CSA who said immediately that i had arrears? I am constantly being sent letters which contradict each one? All very confusing to say the least.

A deduction from earnings was granted as I complained about the arrears and contacted my MP who happens to be the Prime Minister, much to my avail, nothing has changed and now this! I simple can not afford to pay her anymore money direct from my wages as I had completed an earnings request form which stated with arrears I can not pay anymore per month! 

What to do, ANY help/advice is appreciated please!
(04-06-2017, 12:21 PM)gazwatts1973 Wrote: My daughter is now 17 years old, lives with her mother and works every weekend.  I pay the CMS over £400 a month and had various rows with them about arrears.  IN a nutshell my EX WIFE (I have other words but wont use them) is a GOLD DIGGER, she is always contacting the CMS to try and get more money out of me each month.  She has remarried and two other children, 4 girls in total, (two are mine, daughters 21 and 17).

What I am asking is we had a formal arrangement in place for my daughter to come EVERY other weekend which used to happen, but since she has started working and has a social life she no longer comes every other weekend, much to my sadness as I miss her.  It isnt her fault, she wants her own money and life.

My ex has gone to the CMS saying I no longer see her every other weekend and would like more money per month from me as she has sole care, again not fair due to the nature of circumstances.  I have always paid for my daughters every month and given them as much as I could.

The CMS took over the case from the CSA who said immediately that i had arrears? I am constantly being sent letters which contradict each one? All very confusing to say the least.

A deduction from earnings was granted as I complained about the arrears and contacted my MP who happens to be the Prime Minister, much to my avail, nothing has changed and now this! I simple can not afford to pay her anymore money direct from my wages as I had completed an earnings request form which stated with arrears I can not pay anymore per month! 

The status of the 17 year old is important here. Read this link, http://www.gov.uk/child-benefit-16-19

The deciding factor on when Child Support ends is when Child Benefit stops, unless its on a Court Order.

If your child is not in "Aproved" education or training for the set number of hours, or if she is working over 24 hours a week, your ex is not entitled to child benefit, and therefore child support should not be paid.

I have used my MP a few times in the past, to get issues sorted, who happens to be The Speaker.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(04-06-2017, 02:07 PM)MarkR Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 12:21 PM)gazwatts1973 Wrote: My daughter is now 17 years old, lives with her mother and works every weekend.  I pay the CMS over £400 a month and had various rows with them about arrears.  IN a nutshell my EX WIFE (I have other words but wont use them) is a GOLD DIGGER, she is always contacting the CMS to try and get more money out of me each month.  She has remarried and two other children, 4 girls in total, (two are mine, daughters 21 and 17).

The status of the 17 year old is important here. Read this link, http://www.gov.uk/child-benefit-16-19

The deciding factor on when Child Support ends is when Child Benefit stops, unless its on a Court Order.

If your child is not in "Aproved" education or training for the set number of hours, or if she is working over 24 hours a week, your ex is not entitled to child benefit, and therefore child support should not be paid.

I have used my MP a few times in the past, to get issues sorted, who happens to be The Speaker.

Thanks for the reply, what about the status of her not coming even though I have in place an arrangement? it isnt my fault she works?
(04-06-2017, 03:22 PM)gazwatts1973 Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 02:07 PM)MarkR Wrote:

Thanks for the reply, what about the status of her not coming even though I have in place an arrangement? it isnt my fault she works?

Child Arrangment Orders are not enforcable once they are 16. She could even get married with cosent from your ex!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless you can prove Benefit Fraud, by her getting Child Benefit when not entiteled, you have no case in law.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CAFCASS-Covid-19-Advice for families on effective co-parenting and child arrangements JamW 0 1,950 03-22-2020, 05:38 PM
Last Post: JamW
  Child arrangements order - resident vs contact Ric134 6 5,837 07-15-2019, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Child arrangements sandman 8 9,058 12-05-2018, 05:21 PM
Last Post: proud_dad
  Child Arrangements Looplecram 2 3,699 10-26-2018, 04:07 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Child custody arrangements alexroutledge 2 3,546 10-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: watsa64
  Child Arrangements Advice herman_blume 13 14,207 08-28-2018, 03:02 PM
Last Post: herman_blume
  Agreed child arrangements order sandman 4 5,201 08-27-2018, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Tamagoto
  child arrangements - mediation failed, what next? lostsoul 17 15,968 04-05-2018, 08:54 PM
Last Post: lostsoul
  breach of child arrangements order jasgas 0 1,977 01-14-2018, 08:34 PM
Last Post: jasgas
  Shared care Child Arrangements Order, what shall I include? mcnl 1 3,870 03-24-2017, 11:38 AM
Last Post: LTCDAD