Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help with lying ex
Hi,

To me this is a form of discrimination for the following reasons:

1. Cafcass is making a very general assumption basically saying that people in wheelchairs are unfit to safeguard their children in the community on their own.

2. To me this is kept at a very general level and has not been looked at the individual situation. Cafcass does not know how the relationship between Dad and Child is. While I accept that young children do not have the understanding of the risks associated with traffic in general I would think that it very much depends on how Dad and Child interact with each other in the community. This has not been observed.

3. Why would a harness not work? I see people (not in wheelchairs) putting their kids in a harness to control the movement of them.

4. I can't imagine that there are no children out there where both or one parent is in a wheelchair and that they have supervision available at all times when they are out in the community.

F.
I have spoken to the court this morning and explained my problem with health for travelling the distance for 40 minutes hearing then driving back. I agree with my doctor that as i do have nerve damage and suffer leg numbness and a lot of pain it would not be wise to make the journey.
The court has asked for me to email them the reason and if im available for a phone hearing, the judge would consider this due to my health.

For the long run i will file for full custody as i can prove that iam mentally stable and am able to provide a better and happier up bringing for my daughter.
This is on the basis that my ex suffers with ptsd and adhd and not mentioning that last year she was involved with a sex offender. Her reply to relationship with a sex offender was that she was able to keep my daughter safe and away from him and now he has moved away. In my eyes if she has had a relationship with one then it makes her no different to him.
Also her sisters have history of child cruelty which wold hopefully go in my favor.
As cafcass and social services have found my daughter to be withdrawn and doesnt want to interact with others that includes children of her age i think full custody is the best way forward to keep my daughter safe.

I do think that there is a bit of discrimination here but also can understand where cafcass is coming from. It would be very hard for me to find a person to attend contact every time as we all know that friends and family will say yes they will but in the long run there will be excuses and i not only could not fully rely on anyone to come with me on every contact session.  

I will further write up what has happened after thursday as an update and to you all guys im very grateful for all your input. The more input the more thought and better outcome.
Hi,

Just a bit of advise upfront from my side in that you would need to think about what you say about mum.

Reading all the above rings alarm bells and the court will ask you straight away why you only now come up with that info and why it was ok for you at the time not to act on it.

You would need to be a bit careful in order not to damage your own credibility here...

F.
(04-11-2017, 04:59 PM)Frisbos Wrote: Hi,

Just a bit of advise upfront from my side in that you would need to think about what you say about mum.

Reading all the above rings alarm bells and the court will ask you straight away why you only now come up with that info and why it was ok for you at the time not to act on it.

You would need to be a bit careful in order not to damage your own credibility here...

F.

Most is because of the one and only man who turned a lot over, thats the main reason why it has taken so long. if it wasnt for him it would of been sorted a long time ago. 
Also i have only found a lot out very recently which is why im doing contact now and when i save a bit more i will file for custody which if i have contact, my daughter would be a lot more used to me and would not impact on her as much if i do get custody.
Had a telephone hearing to court on wednesday and great result. As my daughter not had contact for a while i will do it in small stages so she can get used to me again (feels a bit shit that she cant remember me) . Kids do forget quick and slowly via skype to start with and when i want to go and see her and spend time with her. 
In the time it has taken to prove that she has lied and now knowing i won in court feels great but also goes through my mind whether to take the accusations further as it is a serious criminal offence what she did, if i make a complaint she could serve up to 6 years in prison. I do ask myself is it worth putting my daughters mum in jail for all she did to me and deprived my little girl of her dad or just leave it, as im not a revengeful and all i wanted is to be in my daughters life.
It has totally put me off all women and i very much doubt i would get involved in any relationship. People say that not all women are the same but from my experience and from reading posts i think they all are very the same and maybe a small minority are actually good.

Im glad i have got what my little girl deserves and thank you all for your input.

One person on here i would love to thank in person one day as his input was very good and was his advice. 
I will stay on these forums and if i can at all help i will do  Smile
Congratulations Leon, glad it has worked out this week. Something to build on.
Hi,

Congratulation and well done Leon.

I would leave it and would not pursue after mum. You have made a point and you won what is so important = contact to your child.

F.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lying Ex. Fact Finding Hearing. jono 12 17,534 01-27-2018, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Not taking it lying down JonnySpandex 4 5,211 12-30-2017, 06:59 PM
Last Post: invisibleintellectual
  No contact and still lying.. HJA123 6 7,649 09-21-2017, 12:01 PM
Last Post: LTCDAD
  No contact and still lying.. HJA123 0 1,743 09-19-2017, 01:14 PM
Last Post: HJA123
  Ex lying and using drugs chewy89 6 8,278 01-08-2017, 06:27 PM