Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cause for concern
Good afternoon everyone, 
I just really need some advice, last weekend I had my daughter and found a bruise just above her ankle, it looked to me like someone had grabbed her.  I asked her about it and she told me her mums partner had flicked her and said 'does that hurt then?' 
I phoned our local child contact point to ask for advice as this isnt the first time this guys apparently done something, they are so unhelpful just kept saying to me 'well it sounds like the mother needs some support at home, I wouldnt worry about it, unless your daughter actually came to you and said this guy has grabbed me' 

I don't know where to turn I've been down what I think is every route...

I have my daughter after school today, and when I picked her up I spoke to her teacher and asked about this bruise, she said 'oh she's told us something about that, but let me just ask her again so she can say it infront of you'  surprise surprise it was the exact same story, the teacher has made a log of this and asked me to do the same.  I assured them I had already done it, and they were concerned that they wern't taking any action either. 

What do I do?  It's driving me insane, sorry its a bit of a ramble my brains completely fried. 
I have photos of all of these 'incidents' small cuts scrapes, bruises etc  (only the ones that have had some influence from someone at her mothers home) 

~bunniears
(04-12-2017, 03:42 PM)bunniears Wrote: Good afternoon everyone, 
I just really need some advice, last weekend I had my daughter and found a bruise just above her ankle, it looked to me like someone had grabbed her.  I asked her about it and she told me her mums partner had flicked her and said 'does that hurt then?' 
I phoned our local child contact point to ask for advice as this isnt the first time this guys apparently done something, they are so unhelpful just kept saying to me 'well it sounds like the mother needs some support at home, I wouldnt worry about it, unless your daughter actually came to you and said this guy has grabbed me' 

I don't know where to turn I've been down what I think is every route...

I have my daughter after school today, and when I picked her up I spoke to her teacher and asked about this bruise, she said 'oh she's told us something about that, but let me just ask her again so she can say it infront of you'  surprise surprise it was the exact same story, the teacher has made a log of this and asked me to do the same.  I assured them I had already done it, and they were concerned that they wern't taking any action either. 

What do I do?  It's driving me insane, sorry its a bit of a ramble my brains completely fried. 
I have photos of all of these 'incidents' small cuts scrapes, bruises etc  (only the ones that have had some influence from someone at her mothers home) 

~bunniears

I would advise you to contact your Local Council Childrens Services Refeal Hub.
Do this ASAP, as the School will of already due this, and it will look bad on your not reporting it sooner.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Hi MarkR, 

I've already done that last Friday when I initially saw the bruise.  They just dismissed my concerns, I also phoned the social services but they also dismissed my claims, saying 'sorry were too busy with other cases'