Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cant see my daughter
i have never had custody of my daughter she lived with her grandparents i have a mental health issue so has her mum thats why she doesn't live with me

I have a problem now i had regular contact with her up until 2015 (she was 9 then ) then the grandma died then the problems started the granddad said i can no longer see her and moved house, school etc. he made it so difficult and social services were no help.

about 7 months ago my daughter contacted me through her school saying she missed me and wanted to see me, as she's a bit older she caught the bus and we met for a day out,  she told me she has to keep it a secret from her granddad, anyway he found out about 4 weeks ago and now refusing to let me see her and has changed her mobile number.  My daughter was so happy to spend time with me and i never put pressure on her to live with me.

the grandad is making it so hard and telling my daughter lies about me, i want to know is it worth going to court to see of i get access on a regular basis?

any advice what action is best thanks
(04-20-2017, 08:14 PM)antantmarvel Wrote: i have never had custody of my daughter she lived with her grandparents i have a mental health issue so has her mum thats why she doesn't live with me

I have a problem now i had regular contact with her up until 2015 (she was 9 then ) then the grandma died then the problems started the granddad said i can no longer see her and moved house, school etc. he made it so difficult and social services were no help.

about 7 months ago my daughter contacted me through her school saying she missed me and wanted to see me, as she's a bit older she caught the bus and we met for a day out,  she told me she has to keep it a secret from her granddad, anyway he found out about 4 weeks ago and now refusing to let me see her and has changed her mobile number.  My daughter was so happy to spend time with me and i never put pressure on her to live with me.

the grandad is making it so hard and telling my daughter lies about me, i want to know is it worth going to court to see of i get access on a regular basis?

any advice what action is best thanks

I am assuming some sort of Court Order Exists, so it can go staight to Court.

In this case, I am going to advise you contact your local CAB, who should get you a free 30 min with a local Solicitor. There will advise if you can get Legal Aid on this.

An important part of this, is the fact the child is 10, assuming she does not live in Scotland (as the law is 12 their), as under England law her wishes and desires will come into it.

It might be worth seeing your GP (or any other person your getting treatment from), and if you can, get it in writing that your not a danger to the child.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.