Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50/50 residence rights with a baby 11 months old
Hello all,
I am currently still living with my daughters mother, but have been putting up with constant verbal, mental and sometimes physical abuse for a long time now, my daughters mother is using our baby as a way of control over everything that i do, I am living in a nightmare, I don't know whether she is suffering from PND, or something else as she is behaving in a very paranoid way and accusing me of abuse and bullying...an example, today, I was making my daughter lunch and said to her that her mum was having a shower..her mum came in and asked me what was the sarcastic coment I made about her to our daughter, i said it wasn't sarcastic and I told her, she said yes I heard you and that was sarcastic, "stop bullying me!" she then gets on her phone and txts her friends saying he's bulling me again and when I've tried to talk to them, they won't, they believe her, anyway that is the very tip of the iceberg. ( i'm speaking to our health visitor tomorrow)
I have decided that it will be better for my Girl if I leave (and this decision really breaks my heart), at least I can have a brilliant time with her when we're together. My question is, Does anyone know my legal rights as far as having my daughter for half the time? and any other help you can give me please.

Thank you and the very best of luck to you all.

Paul
(04-26-2017, 08:44 PM)paul4justice Wrote: Hello all,
I am currently still living with my daughters mother, but have been putting up with constant verbal, mental and sometimes physical abuse for a long time now, my daughters mother is using our baby as a way of control over everything that i do, I am living in a nightmare, I don't know whether she is suffering from PND, or something else as she is behaving in a very paranoid way and accusing me of abuse and bullying...an example, today, I was making my daughter lunch and said to her that her mum was having a shower..her mum came in and asked me what was the sarcastic coment I made about her to our daughter, i said it wasn't sarcastic and I told her, she said yes I heard you and that was sarcastic, "stop bullying me!" she then gets on her phone and txts her friends saying he's bulling me again and when I've tried to talk to them, they won't, they believe her, anyway that is the very tip of the iceberg. ( i'm speaking to our health visitor tomorrow)
I have decided that it will be better for my Girl if I leave (and this decision really breaks my heart), at least I can have a brilliant time with her when we're together. My question is, Does anyone know my legal rights as far as having my daughter for half the time? and any other help you can give me please.

Paul

Unless you can show with evidance Child Protection/Welfare Issues its a none starter with a child that age.

At best you will get 4 to 6 hours, over 1 or 2 days a week, unless its by agreement.

If you do not have PR, you need to apply to court. You have it if married on the day of birth, or named on the birth certificate.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(04-26-2017, 09:08 PM)MarkR Wrote:

Paul

Unless you can show with evidance Child Protection/Welfare Issues its a none starter with a child that age.

At best you will get 4 to 6 hours, over 1 or 2 days a week, unless its by agreement.

If you do not have PR, you need to apply to court. You have it if married on the day of birth, or named on the birth certificate.

What about if the baby isn't breastfed or has spent time overnight with someone other than the mother, Mark?

Paul

(04-27-2017, 06:17 AM)paul4justice Wrote:

Paul

thank you Mark R,
I'm new to this, what is PR and I'm on the birth certificate.

Paul

(04-27-2017, 05:39 AM)strider Wrote:

Paul

What about if the baby isn't breastfed or has spent time overnight with someone other than the mother, Mark?

thanks Strider,

My Baby is breastfed, But also eats solid food, But couldn't a breast pump or formula be used.

Paul

Paul

Paul

thank you Mark R,

Paul

Paul

thanks Strider,

My Baby is breastfed, But also eats solid food, But couldn't a breast pump or formula be used.

Paul

You have PR then. It does not matter if alternative feeding provision could be done. Unless you can evidance to a Court that it is being done, no court will award more than 4-6 hours over 1 or 2 days, as they have to support the Goverment on promoting Breatfeeding.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(04-27-2017, 06:37 AM)MarkR Wrote:

Paul

Paul

thank you Mark R,

Paul

Paul

thanks Strider,

Paul

You have PR then. It does not matter if alternative feeding provision could be done. Unless you can evidance to a Court that it is being done, no court will award more than 4-6 hours over 1 or 2 days, as they have to support the Goverment on promoting Breatfeeding.

Due to various circumstances, my ex has just switched from breastfeeding to bottle feeding this past month, plus my son is occasionally cared for overnight by her mother and these have both been logged officially in the first hearing so I'm fully expecting a positive outcome regarding getting my son overnight when my final hearing comes around.

Paul4Justice - before moving out, why don't you attempt to figure out a way of caring your daughter overnight just you and her (with expressed milk for overnight feeds)? Suggest she has a night out with her friends, staying over or something. I did this a couple of times with my ex, and she agreed so she could have a night off. So I'll be using this as an argument that overnights with my son have already taken place just me and him. (She's denying this has ever happened of course but I can evidence it).
(04-27-2017, 07:40 AM)strider Wrote:
(04-27-2017, 06:37 AM)MarkR Wrote:

Paul

Paul

thank you Mark R,

Paul

Paul

thanks Strider,

Paul

Due to various circumstances, my ex has just switched from breastfeeding to bottle feeding this past month, plus my son is occasionally cared for overnight by her mother and these have both been logged officially in the first hearing so I'm fully expecting a positive outcome regarding getting my son overnight when my final hearing comes around.

Paul4Justice - before moving out, why don't you attempt to figure out a way of caring your daughter overnight just you and her (with expressed milk for overnight feeds)? Suggest she has a night out with her friends, staying over or something. I did this a couple of times with my ex, and she agreed so she could have a night off. So I'll be using this as an argument that overnights with my son have already taken place just me and him. (She's denying this has ever happened of course but I can evidence it).

Where you can evidance that the mother is willing to have feeding provision when the child in the care of someone of her choice, the court can then order it to be done to facilitate contact with the father.