Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Hearing.
After the section 7 report cafcass have recomemded, after a stepped order due to time apart, every other weekend friday to monday with tea 4-6pm on alternative wednesdays plus holidays. I went to court wanting every other weekend and two nights during the alternative week. (Wednesday/Thursday ) plus holidays. The ex has basiclly refused the wed/thurs because the children are at the childminders and she would loose tax credits and other related bits so agreeing with cafcass. She also said i can only have certain holidays when the childminder goes/books hers. Cafcass recommend contact with over nights.. I can't afford the child maintenance on her terms and the 120 nights plus holidays i require suits. Were now heading for a final hearing... with a stale mate. What can i do.???
One would expect that less childcare = more spare cash but perhaps there are quirks here and there. This link may help.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy..._2017_.pdf

Does she uses a registered childminder rather than a nursery type place ?

You can take a holiday anytime but the childminder will expect to be paid if it's outside their holidays. Some expect holiday pay also when they are on holiday. So one would expect a bill from the childminder still when on holidays which presumably would also count for the tax credit reduction in childcare costs.

What hours per day? How come 4-6pm is ok on a Wednesday for tea? Can't you simply pick them up in the evenings after work for the Wednesday and Thursday overnights ?
(05-02-2017, 12:28 PM)silverspeed Wrote: After the section 7 report cafcass have recomemded, after a stepped order due to time apart,  every other weekend friday to monday with tea 4-6pm on alternative wednesdays plus holidays.  I went to court wanting every other weekend and two nights during the alternative week. (Wednesday/Thursday )  plus holidays. The ex has basiclly refused the wed/thurs because the children are at the childminders and she would loose tax credits and other related bits so agreeing with cafcass.  She also said i can only have certain holidays when the childminder goes/books hers. Cafcass recommend contact with over nights.. I can't afford the child maintenance on her terms  and the 120 nights plus holidays i require suits. Were now heading for a final hearing... with a stale mate. What can i do.???

You have the right to still ask for the time the children are in child care. Courts view it that child is better with a parent. Also, she would only lose tax credits if she reduced hours below 30, where it goes down a small amount, then if she goes below 16 she can not get working tax credits and childcare costs.  By reducing her childcare she is not losing any money, and the state is saving some.

As the Resident Parnet, its up to her to arrange her childcare outside your contact time. You want Contact at times to suit you, including up to half school holidays.

You want the Court Order to say "any any such time as agreed between both partents", so if she does have childcare issues at any time, by agreement you might be able to help out, but that would be in addition to your contact time.

Contact is not babysitting, and your ex need to learn this.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(05-02-2017, 02:16 PM)Hazy Wrote: One would expect that less childcare = more spare cash but perhaps there are quirks here and there. This link may help.

You can take a holiday anytime but the childminder will expect to be paid if it's outside their holidays. Some expect holiday pay also when they are on holiday. So one would expect a bill from the childminder still when on holidays which presumably would also count for the tax credit reduction in childcare costs.

What hours per day?  How come 4-6pm is ok on a Wednesday for tea? Can't you simply pick them up in the evenings after work for the Wednesday and Thursday overnights ?

Really?.....childminders want paying when they are on holidays too?
Are you serious?

I wish I could have told my customers to pay me when I was self employed, I am sure they would told me to go EFF off...
The last I knew Childminders were just self employed right?   and charged for services rendered?

What makes them so special they can charge outside or on their holidays when they are not minding the children?

Its no wonder this country is going down the pan
Advice & opinions on this forum are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.
(05-02-2017, 10:15 PM)Drew65 Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 02:16 PM)Hazy Wrote: One would expect that less childcare = more spare cash but perhaps there are quirks here and there. This link may help.

What hours per day?  How come 4-6pm is ok on a Wednesday for tea? Can't you simply pick them up in the evenings after work for the Wednesday and Thursday overnights ?

Really?.....childminders want paying when they are on holidays too?
Are you serious?

I wish I could have told my customers to pay me when I was self employed, I am sure they would told me to go EFF off...
The last I knew Childminders were just self employed right?   and charged for services rendered?

What makes them so special they can charge outside or on their holidays when they are not minding the children?

Its no wonder this country is going down the pan

It comes under contract law, and you often find it in the terms and condisions.

They also often require a months notice on booked time.

However, going back to this members case, that is not his problem. Her using a childminder should not come before him having contact to the child, if he is avalaible at that time. Defined dates for school holidays might be better in the case for his ex.

Even if the childminder has to be paid for their holidays, via Working Tax Credit they pay 70% of what the childcare cost is, taking into account 39 term time weeks, and 13 school holiday weeks. To get this the Resident Parent is means tested, and must work at least 16 hours. If they have a new partner, they also must work 16 hours in most cases.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Hearing scotay 5 3,740 06-30-2020, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Changing the date of a final hearing.? Londoniandad 11 9,555 10-25-2019, 07:28 PM
  Final Hearing opinions and advice! Akarou 5 5,106 07-16-2019, 01:27 PM
  Anyone had a final hearing at court Bluebear 10 10,193 06-12-2019, 12:38 PM
Last Post: invisibleintellectual
  How long to write court order after final hearing? lostsoul 5 5,881 03-13-2019, 05:17 PM
  Statement for contested final hearing littleangel 4 5,659 02-06-2019, 11:40 PM
  final hearing advice thelongroad 1 2,891 12-24-2018, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Kate
  final contested hearing very soon help avadad 4 5,428 10-12-2018, 07:02 AM
Last Post: asd1270
  Child Arrangment Order Advice with Financial Divorce Final Hearing Looming Tango944 2 3,541 08-27-2018, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Tango944
  Final Hearing, well almost Charlielovesyou 11 11,324 06-10-2018, 07:49 PM