Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telephone contact
My ex wife has not lanswerd the phone so I can speak to my 3 young children now for over a week, and today she answered it and said she does not want me to speak to them again and will be speaking to her solicitor to reinforce this.
I have no criminal convictions, and always tried to maintain regular contact with my children, despite all her obstructions, and always pay maintenance on the date required. Is there anyway she can unilaterally stop my children having contact with me?

Thanks
(05-09-2017, 09:29 PM)NewHill123 Wrote: My ex wife has not lanswerd the phone so I can speak to my 3 young children now for over a week, and today she answered it and said she does not want me to speak to them again and will be speaking to her  solicitor to reinforce this.
I have no criminal convictions, and always tried to maintain regular contact with my children, despite all her obstructions, and always pay maintenance on the date required. Is there anyway she can unilaterally stop my children having contact with me?

Thanks

Telephone or other indirect contact can be part of a Court Order.

As far as the law is concerned, only a Cafcass or Social Worker can decide if its best for no contact with a Child and a Judge has the final say.

How are your arrangements in place (court, mediation or just agreement between you both), and does it cover this?
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Hi Mark thanks for the reply, the telephone contact I have with the children is just agreed between ourselves, well let me re-phrase that, the contact arrangements are what she said I could have, she told me the times and days I could telephone, but now she says she will contact her solicitor to tell me that I will have no contact, it all seems to me that she is dictating the terms with no regard for the children's rights, as she is using them as pawns to get at me as she knows it upsets me.
If I were you I would go down the C/100 and Mediation/Court Route - otherwise you will still be here 5 years down the line and she dictating your contact.
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
(05-10-2017, 09:37 AM)invisibleintellectual Wrote: If I were you I would go down the C/100 and Mediation/Court Route - otherwise you will still be here 5 years down the line and she dictating your contact.

I agree.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cafcass telephone interview helpless dad 11 17,495 08-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: helpless dad
  Telephone contact NewHill123 5 7,171 12-22-2016, 09:37 AM
Last Post: NewHill123
  Telephone contact NewHill123 2 4,338 12-11-2016, 06:35 AM
Last Post: DocBrown
  Advise needed re no telephone contact with my children Mike123 1 4,379 06-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Last Post: MarkR