Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ex wife threat to leave my children
Good Morning , 
Hi every one .
i am new here and this is my first post . please i need advice and it is quite urgent .
my ex-wife is threaten me today . that i have to go to my friend family house and pick up my  3 children .
she is going to hand them over to me .their clothes , passports,birth certificates etc . and she will disappear  (these are here words to her uncle and to my friend . over the phone)

the reason behind this is that she is going to the middle east for good . to work and live .
my questions :
1- if she is serous  . would this be classed as abandon her children?
2- she refused before to sign any legal agreements .yet she is happy to hand them over .if she abandon them tomorrow . can i obtain full custody weather she accept to sign or not (enforce it by court)

to sum up : i want full custody over my 3 children with full power beyond any doubt that in the future she wont comes back and ask for them  . i am going to quit my job and look after my children . i have 1 bedroom flat , not ready and she is going to leave me with serous mess .

please advice

thanks
Sid
(05-13-2017, 01:30 AM)pale72 Wrote: Good Morning , 
Hi every one .
i am new here and this is my first post . please i need advice and it is quite urgent .
my ex-wife is threaten me today . that i have to go to my friend family house and pick up my  3 children .
she is going to hand them over to me .their clothes , passports,birth certificates etc . and she will disappear  (these are here words to her uncle and to my friend . over the phone)

the reason behind this is that she is going to the middle east for good . to work and live .
my questions :
1- if she is serous  . would this be classed as abandon her children?
2- she refused before to sign any legal agreements .yet she is happy to hand them over .if she abandon them tomorrow . can i obtain full custody weather she accept to sign or not (enforce it by court)

to sum up : i want full custody over my 3 children with full power beyond any doubt that in the future she wont comes back and ask for them  . i am going to quit my job and look after my children . i have 1 bedroom flat , not ready and she is going to leave me with serous mess .

please advice

thanks
Sid

First of all, if you have PR for the children, collect them before doing anything else. 

https://www.gov.uk/parental-rights-respo...onsibility

First thing Monday, phone your local County Court at 9am, and ask for an ex party urgent hearing. Fill out a C100, you want a Child Arrangements Order, what states the Children LIVE WITH you. It might be helpful if the person your collecting the children from will do a statement or attend court with you.

You then need to apply for Child Benefit and anything else you can http://www.entitledto.co.uk will highlight what you might be able to claim.
Send them a copy of the Court Order, and a covering letter informing them she has moved out of the UK, leaving the children with you.

You then need to seek the help from your Local Council.

a, Inform Children's services of the situation. As them if they can visit and assist you in in finding suitable accommodation for you and your children due to this emergency situation.  If there is anything essential you need for them they might be able to help you out, or write a supporting letter so the local emergency hardship fund can help you. If food is an issue, till you get benefits in place they will refer you to a local food bank.

b, The Housing Options department. 

It might be a long process, unless your ex is willing to close down all her claims for the children, and until you are getting Child Tax Credit or Child Benefit, the Local Council do not have to consider the children. A letter from Children's Services explaining the situation might change that, and get something sorted faster for you.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wife ran away with both our children to unknown UK address. Don't know where to start Michael81 3 3,755 04-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Last Post: venares
  Ex-wife withholding children's passports siverrall 5 7,470 07-22-2017, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MarkR
Rainbow Issues with children and soon to be ex-wife concerneddad01 1 3,793 01-05-2017, 05:51 AM
  contact threat BigBaz 1 3,290 12-17-2016, 08:09 AM
  help - wife won't return home with the children kubera 1 4,119 05-30-2016, 09:46 AM
  Moving in with new gf - threat of contact reductions daddyshortlegs 3 6,953 05-06-2016, 08:45 PM