Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent Holiday and no access
Please help.
My partner's ex has stopped us seeing his children since her boyfriend has returned from a tour where he was away for months.
Prior to his return she didn't care where the kids were and often left them with their 13 year old half sister whilst she went out (we discovered) and we had as much access as we wanted.
Since he has returned she is playing happy families and refusing access. On his last weekend she just took them out of the country without even telling him just let him down at the last minute.
We are booked to go on holiday (29th) with all of our combined children, bought and paid for and expensive activities paid for in advance on the back of her agreement (on text) we could take them.
She is now saying that we cant take them or, this mornings text was "We will decide if they can come or not but they don't really want to come anyway" from her and her boyfriend.
Partner has parental responsibility.
We are going to go to a solicitor Monday but I need to know if its possible to get a court order agreed in 2 weeks and where does mediation stand?
I have no problems like this with my exes. How can some people be so awful.
(05-13-2017, 11:08 AM)Smudge255 Wrote: Please help.
My partner's ex has stopped us seeing his children since her boyfriend has returned from a tour where he was away for months.
Prior to his return she didn't care where the kids were and often left them with their 13 year old half sister whilst she went out (we discovered) and we had as much access as we wanted.
Since he has returned she is playing happy families and refusing access. On his last weekend she just took them out of the country without even telling him just let him down at the last minute.
We are booked to go on holiday (29th) with all of our combined children, bought and paid for and expensive activities paid for in advance on the back of her agreement (on text) we could take them.
She is now saying that we cant take them or, this mornings text was "We will decide if they can come or not but they don't really want to come anyway" from her and her boyfriend.
Partner has parental responsibility.
We are going to go to a solicitor Monday but I need to know if its possible to get a court order agreed in 2 weeks and where does mediation stand?
I have no problems like this with my exes. How can some people be so awful.

You might need to apply Monday, for an Urgent Hearing, what can be as soon as Wednesday.

You need to evidance if you can the fact that she has agreed to it, before it was booked.

Once an order is is made, if it goes not go ahead due to her or the new partner, then on a C79, you can apply to enforce the order, and at the same time, apply for your costs for the holiday being paid back to you by her.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Withdrawing access just before holiday nb_2005 6 7,868 04-12-2017, 09:01 AM
Last Post: MarkR