Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not seen Child recently.. Concrened Father.
Hello,

Due to an argument between me and the Mrs she has stopped me seeing my son. We have been seperated for nearly a year now. Up until 2 months ago I would pick/drop my each sat/sun and spend the day with him. He is a year old.

But now she refuses to let me see him.

I have been to the solicitors but when they try and contact the house where she is staying at the family deny she is there, when they call her and when they have written to her they have had no response.

My main concern is that I have not been able to see my son for 2 months now and have not herd from her either. I am concerned for his welfare. I cannot go to her parents where she is staying as I am afraid she will call the police which might look bad when we end up in court and if we do mediation.

Is there any way I can find out if he is alright. that's all I want at this point. I am hoping to go down the legal route for visitation and I know it can take some time especially when the other party don't even respond. Not having any news about is worrying to me as it would be to any parent.

I was thinking of calling the police.. but then don't want to be seen as waisting there time.

Any advice much appreciated.
(05-19-2017, 09:43 AM)Imran2017 Wrote: Hello,

Due to an argument between me and the Mrs she has stopped me seeing my son. We have been seperated for nearly a year now. Up until 2 months ago I would pick/drop my each sat/sun and spend the day with him. He is a year old.

But now she refuses to let me see him.

I have been to the solicitors but when they try and contact the house where she is staying at the family deny she is there, when they call her and when they have written to her they have had no response.

My main concern is that I have not been able to see my son for 2 months now and have not herd from her either. I am concerned for his welfare. I cannot go to her parents where she is staying as I am afraid she will call the police which might look bad when we end up in court and if we do mediation.

Is there any way I can find out if he is alright. that's all I want at this point. I am hoping to go down the legal route for visitation and I know it can take some time especially when the other party don't even respond. Not having any news about is worrying to me as it would be to any parent.

I was thinking of calling the police.. but then don't want to be seen as waisting there time.

Any advice much appreciated.

I need one of the points cleared up on this. Where you say "the family deny she is there", do you mean not in, or does not live their?
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I mean her family (i.e parents) say nobody by that name is here.. & when the solicitor called her mobile she hung up on him he said.

This is another reason I am worried if she is not at her parents house then where is she.. either they are lying or she has moved else where with my son & I have no clue.
(05-19-2017, 01:01 PM)Imran2017 Wrote: I mean her family (i.e parents) say nobody by that name is here.. & when the solicitor called her mobile she hung up on him he said.

This is another reason I am worried if she is not at her parents house then where is she.. either they are lying or she has moved else where with my son & I have no clue.

I would use that as the reason to avoid Mediation, as you can now go to Court faster to get an order.

Apply on a C100 for Child Arrangements, and ask them for the "Whereabouts not known" form.
The Court will locate your ex and unless she allows them to disclose her address to you, they will serve all papers on her.

They use the Police, DVLA, HMRC, Benefits Agency, NHS and any other Local Authority or Goverment Controled Agency to locate her.

Once located, she can either agree to the case staying where it is, or she can apply to have it moved to the Court for the area the child is located in. This is her choice.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Oh ok I didn't know u could do that. The solicitor hasn't told me this. When I said I want to contact the police he said what u do outside is up to u.

I will go back to him and tell him this information & see what he says.

Thank v much.
(05-19-2017, 05:59 PM)Imran2017 Wrote: Oh ok I didn't know u could do that. The solicitor hasn't told me this. When I said I want to contact the police he said what u do outside is up to u.

I will go back to him and tell him this information & see what he says.

Thank v much.

If you can afford this fine, but be aware that the costs will start adding up.

You would be looking at least 1 hour instruction time, and 1 hour for them to do the form for you, what would be £350 + VAT at least, on top of the Court Applicaiton fee of £215 unless you can get a reduction due to low income or being on Benefits.

At this stage, if you wanted to limit your costs, do the form yourself. Feel free to ask on here but do not put detail what might identify you or anyone else invovled in your case on public view. Use Private Message to me or another Mod if the detail is needed for us to take a view on it.

How it will work, is there will be a Frist Hearing once she is located, where the Judge will order Position Statements.

If anything of concern goes in hers, then if you can afford it, its time to get a Solicitor, but we will always give you our unqualified view on things.

A lot of us on here have Self Represented, and so we know the process.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Child refusing to see father Pops_On_A_Mission 10 31,596 09-11-2018, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Child forcefully separated from father Basharat 8 11,926 06-04-2017, 09:41 AM
Last Post: MarkR