Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farcical
Just discovered today that my final hearing is likely to be delayed by another four months due to CAFCASS poncing about with getting a hearing to refer the section 7 report to social services at which point the judge will order SS to do it, adding another few months before the final hearing. I fully expect my contact to be severely impacted owing to the short term nature of the current interim arrangement.

The entire family law set up is an absolute frigging farce. I'm off to drown myself in the nearest stretch of water.
Hi strider,

It is extremely frustrating and I know the feeling when you want to progress things and you just can't because it is not in your control.

For them it is a case number for you it is your child. People don't see the tragedy behind each case anymore and you almost can't blame them with the level of crap they have to deal with every day.

This game is long term and you just arrived at the stadium. It will happen and you will make it through with patience.

This feels like a huge blow, I know, everybody on here has those moment where everything goes off the rails.

In my case a 3 day fact find was scheduled and I had paid my lawyer, barrister, flights and hotel for myself and my witnesses.

I was ready to rumble but within the 1st hour the judge noted that the bundle was not in order and we all had different copies and versions in it and 1 particular document was missing at all. It was the ex's lawyer who screwed this up completed as they were in charge of the bundle.

I tried to help but was not allowed to address the court. We got kicked out to sort this out.

After lunchtime the court discovered that the missing document was in the bundle but decided not enough time to do the fact find.

Here I was having paid Gbp 3,500 for legal representation and Gbp 1,000 for flights and hotels.

Case was pushed back for 3 months.

I felt rodden.

You have the ability to pick yourself up and never loose sight of the bigger picture.

If you need to let steam off pm me and I will listen.

Take good care yourself.

F.
(05-20-2017, 08:46 AM)Frisbos Wrote: Hi strider,

It is extremely frustrating and I know the feeling when you want to progress things and you just can't because it is not in your control.

For them it is a case number for you it is your child. People don't see the tragedy behind each case anymore and you almost can't blame them with the level of crap they have to deal with every day.

This game is long term and you just arrived at the stadium. It will happen and you will make it through with patience.

This feels like a huge blow, I know, everybody on here has those moment where everything goes off the rails.

In my case a 3 day fact find was scheduled and I had paid my lawyer, barrister, flights and hotel for myself and my witnesses.

I was ready to rumble but within the 1st hour the judge noted that the bundle was not in order and we all had different copies and versions in it and 1 particular document was missing at all. It was the ex's lawyer who screwed this up completed as they were in charge of the bundle.

I tried to help but was not allowed to address the court. We got kicked out to sort this out.

After lunchtime the court discovered that the missing document was in the bundle but decided not enough time to do the fact find.

Here I was having paid Gbp 3,500 for legal representation and Gbp 1,000 for flights and hotels.

Case was pushed back for 3 months.

I felt rodden.

You have the ability to pick yourself up and never loose sight of the bigger picture.

If you need to let steam off pm me and I will listen.

Take good care yourself.

F.

Thanks for the support, Fris. Needed that. It's just so frustrating and upsetting especially I know it's ridiculous that I'm in this position, it's totally needless, and it stings that my ex has won this battle in delaying and extending the proceedings which is what she's wanting.

Thanks for the perspective too. I appreciate that people are in far worse situations than I am as I do get to see my son regularly. I just needed to vent when I heard of the court delay.

Chin up and all that.
Hi,

Take a break today and appreciate for what you have and have achieved so far and tomorrow as you say chin up and all that again. Smile

F.