Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holidays without child, to recover lost time?
Hi,

I finally got weekly visits at Court, but will be away with my partner and my baby for two weeks this summer, during which I will not be able to see my daughter as per Court Order.

I will inform the mother now, so plenty of time ahead, but I am not sure whether to ask to recover for this lost time. What is the standard in this situation?

I would have seen her one Monday night and one Sunday 10am-4pm during this period.

Thanks
Hi,

Theoretically mum can enforce the order on you and you either have to take your child with you (not possible) or you could be liable to pay for a childminder or mothers loss of income as she would be covering your time.

You can ask but I would think you can not expect to make up this time.

If you can't reach agreement apply for a variation or pay her if she asks for it.

F.
(05-23-2017, 09:58 PM)Frisbos Wrote: Hi,

Theoretically mum can enforce the order on you and you either have to take your child with you (not possible) or you could be liable to pay for a childminder or mothers loss of income as she would be covering your time.

You can ask but I would think you can not expect to make up this time.

If you can't reach agreement apply for a variation or pay her if she asks for it.

F.

Sorry but this is wrong.

As long as she is given notice to make arrangements, its down to her (at her cost). The only cost to the non resident parent would be in increased Child Support, should this cancelation result in the "Staying Contact" nights moving down a bracket.

All his ex can do is use the cancelation to apply to vary the order, on the basis that contact was not taken up. However, as long as he can show he gave her notice and had good reason, there is no way a Judge would change or reduce the contact.

If you have a family member (perhaps your parents) who is willing to babysit for her if this creates a problem, then by all means offer it, but you do not have the legal right to insist on it.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holidays/ quality time Blackheath 10 10,824 05-12-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Limiting time with my child to get more maintenance money mattjnd 3 4,354 10-01-2018, 10:08 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  2 year old child - mother limiting my time with him - please help dadloveshisson 1 3,008 05-12-2018, 08:01 AM
  Not being able to return child on time at the end of contact... TheDetective 2 3,657 03-29-2018, 10:26 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Lost Contact with my Child Please Help ! DAVIDDITTION 7 9,212 08-08-2017, 08:27 PM
  Increase contact time with child Reza 3 8,105 09-13-2016, 07:19 PM