Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is it...?
...that whenever my ex opens her gob and spouts rubbish about my ability to care for my son, social services are directed by court to carry out an S7 over the course of Christ knows how long resulting in restricted and limited contact? Yet when I happen to raise concerns myself about someone she's left my son in her care with I'm politely told to bugger off and deal with it?

Rotters.
Thankfully despite my ex’s best efforts I was never in that scenario because her lies were always dismissed as hearsay with no fact or evidence to support. However, I know quite a few Dads who like yourself who find that accusations against them seem to carry weight even if there is no evidence, but counter accusations get dismissed as retaliation.

The system is much better now at recognising the rights of us Fathers, but things like this still show up where there is much more work needed to remove the gender bias.
(05-25-2017, 09:32 AM)Goetia Wrote: Thankfully despite my ex’s best efforts I was never in that scenario because her lies were always dismissed as hearsay with no fact or evidence to support. However, I know quite a few Dads who like yourself who find that accusations against them seem to carry weight even if there is no evidence, but counter accusations get dismissed as retaliation.

The system is much better now at recognising the rights of us Fathers, but things like this still show up where there is much more work needed to remove the gender bias.

It's simply mesmerising...

Mother: 'I have concerns about the father and his family...'
Court: 'SECTION 7! SECTION 7! 4 MONTH REPORT! RESTRICTED CONTACT!'

Father: 'I have concerns about the mother and her family...'
Court: 'Tough shit'
Both

What evidence did she / should she have provided

I had recent hearing and allegations were fast and furious (all false) ... but in court nothing happened... no-one ordered anything, everyone went home and said keep everything the same until next hearing... so I guess they see it as a load of hot air (from a woman who once accused me of child neglect coz I gave them 2 ice creams one day ... I'm not kidding ... and before you ask.. no action was taken on that occasion either)

But do you know what they provide - photos, statements from Drs???? What?
(05-25-2017, 03:34 PM)LTCDAD Wrote: Both

What evidence did she / should she have provided

I had recent hearing and allegations were fast and furious (all false) ... but in court nothing happened... no-one ordered anything, everyone went home and said keep everything the same until next hearing...  so I guess they see it as a load of hot air (from a woman who once accused me of child neglect coz I gave them 2 ice creams one day ... I'm not kidding ... and before you ask.. no action was taken on that occasion either)

But do you know what they provide - photos, statements from Drs???? What?

To be honest, it was the same with me - all allegations, accusations and lies and at the first hearing there was no call for a fact find, no evidence requested or position statements asked for; nothing except for the standard S7 report which has yet to commence. So I expect the court's decision on contact will be based entirely on what the S7 says.

However... today was an eye-opener. As I said in my first post, when I highlighted my concerns to social services about the welfare of my son in the care of certain members of her family, they simply said they had no safeguarding concerns as there are several people assisting the person I was wary of. Amazingly, the social worker also said they have no concerns with the wellbeing of my son in his paternal family's care, including me, and I currently see my son under the 'supervision' of my parents, precisely BECAUSE of the unwarranted concerns of my crazy ex.

So if there are no worries from SS, WHY IS THE SECTION 7 REPORT STILL GOING AHEAD?! ARRRRGH! I have a meeting with the social worker next week regarding this so hopefully can sort something out that avoids it. If they're saying no welfare/safeguarding concerns from both maternal and paternal families, and mother and father, then surely the S7 is pointless?!
Hi All..

I find myself writing again about my ridiculous ex wife..since our divorce the hate campaign has ramped up to say the least...she has accused me of numerous affairs (and told my kids 11,13,15!)..its all lies..she is now claiming I had and continue to bully and control her ..!! 
She went off with her new man..(was seeing him prior to divorce) and since she has got wind that I am with another woman..the charm offensive has ramped up...the boyfriend is getting involved calling himself the 'stepdad'..( I have joint custody of my kids, one lives with me full time now due to issues with mother and BF)..

My massive concern is the ex claiming I am a bully...I hate bullies and to be accused is a real tough pill to swallow...Is there any way, without legal action , I can stop these accusations?

My ex will not allow me to have the children passports, without me spending out £1k on legal fees to get them 'exchanged' with the kids birth certificates.  Her BF organising this on her behalf as she cannot deal with me direct as I am such a bully..

I am going to family court on june 8th to get this resolved,,however my ex has counteracted saying I am a bully/control freak...someone told me that the judges wont take kindly to this and will side with her..THIS IS ALL TOTAL LIES...I am assuming that my ex has to back up her claims?  surely it cannot be right otherwise..she puts on the waterworks and seems to fool everyone!!
Walshy

Start a new thread - its the best way to get focused answers but I will answer here

You cant stop people calling you names - she bases this on her opinion and her opinion alone... you know who you really are
Its a distraction... she had an affair... and wants to blame you for it rather than her own actions ... common, very common
You can control your actions and how you respond
She cannot stop you having access to the passports - take legal advice - she is breaking the law - go to court, then i think you can claim money back if you miss holidays over it
She can easily get a copy of the birth certificate if she needs it so keep hold of your copy

Judge will side with your kids... court is not about you or her. Judges see it a million times

Got to court, be reasonable and kind, while she screams like a witch... start every sentence with "putting the kids first, we should do XYZ"