Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Hearing
I'm going in for a hearing next week in which CAFCASS are to recommend SS conduct an S7 and not them.

Am I able to request a progression of contact at these type hearings? My solicitor doesn't seem to think so but I'd like to at least try.
(05-31-2017, 11:35 AM)strider Wrote: I'm going in for a hearing next week in which CAFCASS are to recommend SS conduct an S7 and not them.

Am I able to request a progression of contact at these type hearings? My solicitor doesn't seem to think so but I'd like to at least try.

It turns out you can and I've bagged an extra two full days a month on my weekend. The ex was being completely stubborn and unreasonable to the point that her solicitor actually pulled her to one side and said she can't keep going on the way she is and at the final hearing next month she needs to prepare herself for the fact I'll be getting regular, normal, overnight contact. Both CAFCASS and the sitting SS representative (not a social worker) both stated there are clearly no safeguarding issues with me. Unfortunately (aside from the extra days) things are remaining as they are until the S7 is completed but I'm told that it's just a formality - not by my solicitor but by CAFCASS and SS. Not counting my chickens yet but there's hope.

Don't give up, lads.
Well done!

Love a good news story!
That's good news strider!

Having given you the extra already I'm sure they would have to find a very good reason to not allow what you want & won't go back on what you've achieved already.

Keep smiling and updating us all Smile