Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice required
Me and partner have split she lives an hour away and we have a 6 year old boy.  We have always lived in separate houses as she has two other boys older in their twenties and I have another son aged 13 who I see every weekend

My ex wife is very amicable and allows me to see my older boy but my ex partner has said to her and my boy I am dead.  I am on the birth certificate so I do have PR but not sure how far to push at the moment. 

The breakup is quite new nearly a month and understand where emotion is there it can be raw.  That said it should not be the lad that suffers. 

I pay maintenance and have done for years even though we were a couple but this was due to the fact that we live in separate houses and she does not work.

She has said I cannot see him and if I want to I either need to go to court or get a 3rd party to speak to.  I would then have to go to a contact centre to pick him up

my lad had/has speech issues and struggles and I don't want him harmed or upset by all this nastiness or having to go through courts as for me he is the key person not a broken relationship.  I feel stuck between do I act and get something firmed up or do I wait and see if things get easier and she becomes amicable

I suppose I am answering my own question in the fact if I go to court and get something in writing she no longer dictates when I can have him and on what terms

I know all situations are different but just wanted some advice from people who have been in similar situations
(06-09-2017, 03:30 PM)Vimto1000 Wrote: Me and partner have split she lives an hour away and we have a 6 year old boy.  We have always lived in separate houses as she has two other boys older in their twenties and I have another son aged 13 who I see every weekend

My ex wife is very amicable and allows me to see my older boy but my ex partner has said to her and my boy I am dead.  I am on the birth certificate so I do have PR but not sure how far to push at the moment. 

The breakup is quite new nearly a month and understand where emotion is there it can be raw.  That said it should not be the lad that suffers. 

I pay maintenance and have done for years even though we were a couple but this was due to the fact that we live in separate houses and she does not work.

She has said I cannot see him and if I want to I either need to go to court or get a 3rd party to speak to.  I would then have to go to a contact centre to pick him up

my lad had/has speech issues and struggles and I don't want him harmed or upset by all this nastiness or having to go through courts as for me he is the key person not a broken relationship.  I feel stuck between do I act and get something firmed up or do I wait and see if things get easier and she becomes amicable

I suppose I am answering my own question in the fact if I go to court and get something in writing she no longer dictates when I can have him and on what terms

I know all situations are different but just wanted some advice from people who have been in similar situations

There is only 1 way forward with this one. Fill out a C100, Application for a Child Arrangements Order.

State exemption from Mediation as Child Welfare Concerns. Say she has told the child you are dead and stopped contact, and in light of that you would like the Court to put in Cafcass as a Guardian in the proceedings.

Say at the very least your looking to get contact back in place, but once expert opinion on the current situation is avaliable, you might have to consider Residancy.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice required crazy ex keeps blocking contact with no warning. Joshieboy 0 1,733 04-19-2018, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Joshieboy
  Advice required Madprof 2 3,230 03-03-2018, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Madprof
  Early stages of separation advice required please... Andy_C28 11 15,167 04-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Andy_C28
  Advice required- Statements Jonathan1 4 6,308 03-16-2017, 09:01 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1