Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mums the word
(06-15-2017, 10:14 AM)GlasgowDad Wrote: I know in hindsight I should have just left it but can't imagine to think if they're sending her out in clothes like that when shes not with me.

I've spoken to mediation and will get an appointment with them asap.

Only problem is I can't contact the ex to tell her I don't want to deal with her mum

You do not need to contact her, the mediation service will offer to do this on your behalf
(06-15-2017, 10:14 AM)GlasgowDad Wrote: I know in hindsight I should have just left it but can't imagine to think if they're sending her out in clothes like that when shes not with me.

They are not... she'll have her Sunday best on when she's out without you. 
It's all a game.

There are 2 approaches... 
the one you took - they all celebrating they got a reaction from you ... its what they wanted
alternative, wash the clothes, dress her smart with you, enjoy your weekend, send her back in clean clothes, have a beer (they be sitting up all night saying discussing why you didn't react... of course you did react (you washed the clothes) but it was on your terms not theirs... gets them every times)  Tongue Tongue Tongue
I'm going to make an appointment with the service.

Cheers guys. I'll let you know how I get on
Hi folks, just an update on the situation.

I attended my one to one mediation last week.

I have now received a text message from Ex Mother to say this will not go ahead and I can have a meeting eith her instead if I want to discuss my daugter.

This would be non productive.

What do you recommend I do? Obviously go to court is the next step but is it worth while saying this to them or speaking to a lawyer or just ignoring that message and get the court papers sorted?

Thanks again
(07-06-2017, 05:00 PM)GlasgowDad Wrote: Hi folks, just an update on the situation.

I attended my one to one mediation last week.

I have now received a text message from Ex Mother to say this will not go ahead and I can have a meeting eith her instead if I want to discuss my daugter.

This would be non productive.

What do you recommend I do? Obviously go to court is the next step but is it worth while saying this to them or speaking to a lawyer or just ignoring that message and get the court papers sorted?

Thanks again

Respond by saying that in law GrandParents have no Legal Standing.

Under the law, you only have to deal with people with PR for the Child, and she does not have that.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Not much I can do if she outright refuses though is there? I take it thats where the courts come in
(07-06-2017, 06:56 PM)GlasgowDad Wrote: Not much I can do if she outright refuses though is there? I take it thats where the courts come in

Yes, unless you happen to see your child with her and your ex not present, when you phone the Police to get them to remove the child from the grandparents.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(07-06-2017, 08:39 PM)MarkR Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 06:56 PM)GlasgowDad Wrote: Not much I can do if she outright refuses though is there? I take it thats where the courts come in

Yes, unless you happen to see your child with her and your ex not present, when you phone the Police to get them to remove the child from the grandparents.

Alright, thanks Mark.

I've contacted a lawyer and will start a child arrangement order ASAP anyway.
Can anyone link me to apply for a c100? Every link I see relates to forms and courts in England and Wales and not Scotland.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just a word of [financial] warning!!! Naive 6 7,467 01-22-2018, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Tom_W88