Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise needed re no telephone contact with my children
Hello all, I am new to the site and wanted to ask for some advice regarding my current situation.
I split from my wife in June 2014 after a number of years of unhappy marriage and catching her cheating. 
I moved in with my parents and had regular contact with my 2 daughters both seeing them and speaking to them on the phone. 
The girls spent New Years Eve 2014 with me and when I was due to take them back to their mum on New Years day my eldest (7 and a half at the time) was crying uncontrollably about not wanting to go back and wanting to stay with me. I ended up persuading her to go back but upon arrival at my old house my ex wife took it upon herself to start claiming I had been "poisoning her brain" which was nothing further than the truth. Anyway this ended up in a shouting match and me storming out. I later received a phone call from the police to say they would like to ask me some questions. I went the station and was arrested for ABH!!! After spending 24 hrs in the cell I was released and charged with Common Assault (basically shouting at her!!). This went to court and I was found guilty after my ex wife turned the water works on for the judge. I was given a fine and 12 months restraining order from contacting my ex wife. All correspondence for childcare was to go through my parents. My ex wife immediately banned me from speaking to my daughters on the phone but agreed that I can have them 3 weekends in 4. The restraining order finished in April but all correspondence continues to go through my parents. 
Here is where I need some advice, she is still not allowing any telephone contact when the girls are not with me, I purchased 2 phones, one for them to have at my house and one to have at their mums. The one my ex wifes house has now been returned although even when it was there it was never charged up. The one at my house used by my daughters and they have received a number of texts /whats app messages form my ex on it. I have sent a few whats app messages to my ex wifes phone from my daughters phone with messages for them and last night received a response from her say stop messaging her phone as the girls do not read them and she will be blocking the number now (which will then prevent her from contacting them when they are with me!!)
I am very happy with the 3 weekends in 4 arrangements (which is only a verbal agreement btw) but not being able to speak to my children in the week or sometimes up to 2 weeks is killing me.
Any help would be very appreciated!!!

Sorry to harp on!!
(06-09-2016, 04:26 PM)Mike123 Wrote: Hello all, I am new to the site and wanted to ask for some advice regarding my current situation.
I split from my wife in June 2014 after a number of years of unhappy marriage and catching her cheating. 
I moved in with my parents and had regular contact with my 2 daughters both seeing them and speaking to them on the phone. 
The girls spent New Years Eve 2014 with me and when I was due to take them back to their mum on New Years day my eldest (7 and a half at the time) was crying uncontrollably about not wanting to go back and wanting to stay with me. I ended up persuading her to go back but upon arrival at my old house my ex wife took it upon herself to start claiming I had been "poisoning her brain" which was nothing further than the truth. Anyway this ended up in a shouting match and me storming out. I later received a phone call from the police to say they would like to ask me some questions. I went the station and was arrested for ABH!!! After spending 24 hrs in the cell I was released and charged with Common Assault (basically shouting at her!!). This went to court and I was found guilty after my ex wife turned the water works on for the judge. I was given a fine and 12 months restraining order from contacting my ex wife. All correspondence for childcare was to go through my parents. My ex wife immediately banned me from speaking to my daughters on the phone but agreed that I can have them 3 weekends in 4. The restraining order finished in April but all correspondence continues to go through my parents. 
Here is where I need some advice, she is still not allowing any telephone contact when the girls are not with me, I purchased 2 phones, one for them to have at my house and one to have at their mums. The one my ex wifes house has now been returned although even when it was there it was never charged up. The one at my house used by my daughters and they have received a number of texts /whats app messages form my ex on it. I have sent a few whats app messages to my ex wifes phone from my daughters phone with messages for them and last night received a response from her say stop messaging her phone as the girls do not read them and she will be blocking the number now (which will then prevent her from contacting them when they are with me!!)
I am very happy with the 3 weekends in 4 arrangements (which is only a verbal agreement btw) but not being able to speak to my children in the week or sometimes up to 2 weeks is killing me.
Any help would be very appreciated!!!

Sorry to harp on!!

If a court order exists, you need to apply for enforcement.

It it does not, you need to get formal arrangments in place, via Mediation at first, then court if deadlock or if she does not attend.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help needed for mid week birthday contact MikesWife 15 12,916 09-14-2019, 08:36 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Children Ill, what should I do about contact superdaddy 7 7,720 02-11-2019, 01:23 PM
Last Post: superdaddy
  Help needed - Ex stopped all contact between my son and me. dannym1213 17 14,949 06-26-2018, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Advice needed re contact and ex who has moved away!! Contact issues 4 5,823 11-09-2017, 01:07 AM
  Cafcass telephone interview helpless dad 11 18,040 08-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: helpless dad
  No contact with children SS + school issues Ferddy80 29 34,742 07-22-2017, 12:41 PM
  Contact Order help needed asap Mikeymike 29 31,009 07-21-2017, 04:47 PM
Last Post: MikesWife
  Telephone contact NewHill123 4 6,194 05-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Help needed - Contact Order being ignored by the Mother sloth 11 17,883 02-13-2017, 09:07 PM
Last Post: sloth
  Telephone contact NewHill123 5 7,441 12-22-2016, 09:37 AM
Last Post: NewHill123