Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSO - Prohibited Steps Order
Hi everyone, 

I have filed a C100... in it is a prohibited steps order and a child arrangements order. This is due to ex wanting to move over a 2 hour round trip away. My questions are as follows;
- Whilst this is ongoing and before the court decides.. is my ex allowed to love with my kids in the interim?
- How likely is it that she will get to move?
- If she gets to move, she wants to change my kids school to a local one even though I have my kids three school days/nights a week... Is this usually granted in court or will they keep them where they are or get us to find a midway point?

If it helps, she's moving into her new partners house, she or he has no family there and are moving away from everyone and she has no car?

Thanks!
(06-21-2017, 11:30 AM)AnomDad Wrote: Hi everyone, 

I have filed a C100... in it is a prohibited steps order and a child arrangements order. This is due to ex wanting to move over a 2 hour round trip away. My questions are as follows;
- Whilst this is ongoing and before the court decides.. is my ex allowed to love with my kids in the interim?
- How likely is it that she will get to move?
- If she gets to move, she wants to change my kids school to a local one even though I have my kids three school days/nights a week... Is this usually granted in court or will they keep them where they are or get us to find a midway point?

If it helps, she's moving into her new partners house, she or he has no family there and are moving away from everyone and she has no car?

Thanks!

Ask for an Interim Order on an Urgent Application, to stop the relocation and changing of schools while the case is in progress.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Hi,

The problem you have is that your ex can create facts and 'just' move which sometimes makes it hard to reverse.

The best way to attack this is to bring it to the attention of the court asap. Once you have a first hearing the judge may order her to stay for the time being.

So, the chance that she will be allowed to move while the case is going through court I would regard as slim.

Your second question is hard to answer as this depends on how your ex presents her case and what arguments you bring forward.

Same with your last question. Very hard to give you an opinion on it but personally I would think if your ex gets to move and opposes the travel element you would not get to see your children as much as you have them now.

Best to fight the move with everything you got.

Good luck.

F.
I
(06-21-2017, 09:09 PM)Frisbos Wrote: Hi,

The problem you have is that your ex can create facts and 'just' move which sometimes makes it hard to reverse.

The best way to attack this is to bring it to the attention of the court asap. Once you have a first hearing the judge may order her to stay for the time being.

So, the chance that she will be allowed to move while the case is going through court I would regard as slim.

Your second question is hard to answer as this depends on how your ex presents her case and what arguments you bring forward.

Same with your last question. Very hard to give you an opinion on it but personally I would think if your ex gets to move and opposes the travel element you would not get to see your children as much as you have them now.

Good luck.

F.
Thanks Frisbos, we are fighting..... our first hearing is next month so underway with prep..

It's interesting because it was one of our children's parents evening tonight, she failed to even tell me that there was one, I found out from Childs teacher by asking for any updates the day before. Showed up tonight for the meeting and ex didn't even show up... will this be a big mark against her being able to move kids school locally to her if she moves considering she can't show up to a parents evening or even make me aware of the case was that she wasn't able to attend??
(06-22-2017, 12:18 AM)AnomDad Wrote: I
(06-21-2017, 09:09 PM)Frisbos Wrote: Hi,

Good luck.

F.
Thanks Frisbos, we are fighting..... our first hearing is next month so underway with prep..

It's interesting because it was one of our children's parents evening tonight, she failed to even tell me that there was one, I found out from Childs teacher by asking for any updates the day before. Showed up tonight for the meeting and ex didn't even show up... will this be a big mark against her being able to move kids school locally to her if she moves considering she can't show up to a parents evening or even make me aware of the case was that she wasn't able to attend??

Schools normaly have systems in place. Its up to you to make them aware of the situation, not your ex.

When I was the Non Resident Parent, I got my own parents night appointment (not same day, or 2 hours apart), the chance to buy photos taken in school and Newsletters by email. As a person with PR (what you might have to show the school you have), you have the same right to attend when parents are invited into school for anything, as your ex.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Next steps if ex does not adhere to prohibited steps order grayzo123 2 2,979 07-27-2018, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Specific issue or prohibited steps? TheDetective 8 7,495 07-15-2018, 05:25 PM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  MIAM's and Prohibited Steps Order Grupetto 1 2,826 08-29-2017, 08:10 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Prohibited steps order sutty72 3 5,716 02-11-2017, 04:52 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  C100 - Non molestation & prohibited steps curlyfryz 1 4,079 01-17-2017, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Frisbos