Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partner collecting child from school - question
Hi,

My partner has collected my daughter from school during my visits to avoid booking after school clubs as my daughter doesn't​ like the clubs.
My ex is now making a fuss saying that a registered childminder should be looking after my daughter until I get home instead of my partner (no reason provided).

As I have parental responsibility and this is on my visits, is she allowed to make such requests? Or as a parent, with parental responsibility I can tell her to bugger off? Especially as my daughter has a brilliant relationship with my partner?
(06-23-2017, 12:31 AM)Alibash Wrote: Hi,

My partner has collected my daughter from school during my visits to avoid booking after school clubs as my daughter doesn't like the clubs.
My ex is now making a fuss saying that a registered childminder should be looking after my daughter until I get home instead of my partner (no reason provided).

As I have parental responsibility and this is on my visits, is she allowed to make such requests? Or as a parent, with parental responsibility I can tell her to bugger off? Especially as my daughter has a brilliant relationship with my partner?

Either no Court Order Exists, and your on the same legal standing as her, or a Court has put the child in your case, so you outrank her on this.

How this sits in law, is unless you are paying your partner your doing nothing wrong. Its only illigal to pay someone for child care over 14 days per year, if they are not a Registered Child Minder, or Ofstead Aproved.

Only the Resident Parent (who gets the Child Benefit) can get help with Child Care Costs, via Working Tax Credit Childcare Element.

However, your ex could if she was avalaible, try to change the arrangments untill you are about. However, unless if your now in a stable long term relatinship, I can not see a Judge changing things.

All your ex can do, is a Sarah's Law applicaiton on your partner, and then she would need to obtain a PSO if there was any concerns.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice Needed Please - Partner is being denied access to their child foofighters72 2 3,530 01-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Last Post: grandma
  Ex moving child's school - advice saught PortGlasgowDad 11 11,837 09-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: PortGlasgowDad
  Advice on Residency & Ex Partner Introducing a Concerning Individual to my Child ChrisM 5 5,663 08-22-2018, 09:26 PM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  After school child care byrondjones 2 4,594 12-29-2016, 08:12 AM
Last Post: byrondjones
  School Head Teacher is biased toward mother as she works in the same school Dadof2 1 4,952 12-27-2016, 08:47 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Ex Partner Trying To Stop Me Taking Child To London MichaelC 3 6,979 09-01-2016, 05:00 AM
  Child Maintenance Question leephat 11 22,418 07-04-2016, 09:37 AM