Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frustration Only
Hello - I came to this site to find out what course of action I can take, following my idiot ex-wife's decision to take my 16 year old daughter to a music festival this past weekend, when she had 7 GCSE exams to write this week.  I am however humbled by the much more serious struggles some guys are having - although I am still pissed off.  But there isn't a pill to fix stupid so I simply going to have to hope that one day my daughter realises that her mother is an idiot and I am NOT the bad guy in every situation.

I just needed to vent - I recognise that holding back money, shouting, threatening legal action, calling her parents  - is wasteful, so for now this is my only outlet.

Thanks
(06-10-2016, 11:09 PM)rlwbrewin Wrote: Hello - I came to this site to find out what course of action I can take, following my idiot ex-wife's decision to take my 16 year old daughter to a music festival this past weekend, when she had 7 GCSE exams to write this week.  I am however humbled by the much more serious struggles some guys are having - although I am still pissed off.  But there isn't a pill to fix stupid so I simply going to have to hope that one day my daughter realises that her mother is an idiot and I am NOT the bad guy in every situation.

I just needed to vent - I recognise that holding back money, shouting, threatening legal action, calling her parents  - is wasteful, so for now this is my only outlet.

Thanks

Should her results be less than expected (and by that you would need prove of what her teachers thought she would get), that would be the required "significant" grounds for you to ask for a Child Arrangements Order to be varied.

However at 16 its very much the child's "needs and wishes", unless you can prove your ex is not looking after her best interests.

Note Child Support will stop in a few weeks when Child Benefit ends, unless your ex applies and gets the Child Benefit "Education" run on.

The child would have to remain in "Approved" education for 12 hours a week. Child Benefit decide if the course is approved or not, but guidelines are on the .gov website.

If the child starts to work 24 hour or more, it also disallows Child Ben fit, so Child Support would end then as well.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.