Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quality Time
Hi everyone,

I know that if you go to court and ask for half the quality time you'd getevery other weekend and half the holidays as long as there are no issues... 

My question is if Friday nights and Saturday nights don't work for me... would I get every Sunday day and night instead of every other weekend?
(07-10-2017, 10:00 AM)AnomDad Wrote: Hi everyone,

I know that if you go to court and ask for half the quality time you'd getevery other weekend and half the holidays as long as there are no issues... 

My question is if Friday nights and Saturday nights don't work for me... would I get every Sunday day and night instead of every other weekend?

It would depend on if your either able to take the child to school, or to your ex in time for it to happen.

You need to get something on the Order regarding school holidays, either half or along the lines of 1 week Christmas and Easter and 2 weeks in the Summer.

You need to be able to show 53 nights a timetabled year, for you to get a reduction on child support.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Thanks Mark! It's do-able and within a decent range for the children that they don't have to get up that much earlier etc.

I'll be asking for half of holidays and something to be on paper to allow me to take them on holiday(Currently she has said no as she wants to take them away on their first holiday but says this will be in a couple of years).

We both sat down two weeks ago and came up with the 'ideal plan' of when we'd each have them.. SHE suggested that i could have them Sun AM- Mon AM and take them to school and then pick them up Wed PM - Fri PM. She said that this would work for her and the children and we both we happy with this. Went to pick them up on Sunday and she's gone back on the new arrangement and said we should stick to the old one until courts decide what's best... I have the arrangement that SHE wrote down on paper for us both and I have the conversation recorded...

She has now become grumpy again and says she's decided I should only have two nights a week and that's what she'll be saying to court.. If she's written an agreement and I have it recorded.. would this stand in court?
Hi,

A judge will always look at the overall situation and no judge will take a writen agreement as granted if the same is disputed. My feeling is that this will not stand but it will help your case as mother needs to explain why she is not sticking to the agreement.

Your position to the court is now that this agreeement is your minimum of contact you are willing to accept. If mum does not bring any valid reason forward why this should change then there is no reason for the court to change this also. It depends on what mum comes up with...

F.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holidays/ quality time Blackheath 10 10,844 05-12-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Advice on Quality of Contact leedsdad17 6 8,345 03-01-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Frisbos