Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is not right is it?
The background is that my wife petitioned for divorce at the start of June on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour. I disagree with the reasons she gave.I had discovered she was having an emotional affair with an old school friend four days previously. She readily admitted this and I was going to divorce her but she petitioned first.

The AP's wife found out about the affair and chucked him out of the marital home. He and my wife have met up several times since - she had readily admitted this. He lives 80 miles away and is estranged from his own daughter.

We have put the house on the market but are still cohabiting. This is obviously not good. She has recently started to spend more time at her 'mums' .

I have just today discovered that the AP is now living in the same city as us and has already been introduced to our oldest kids.(both late teens). I was angry about this but she just seems to think it is nothing to do with me.

My STBX seems totally comfortable with introducing a man she has known for less than three months to our kids. I think this is totally inappropriate and is causing distress and confusion. 
I would have thought she would have waited at least 6 months.

I can't really stop her doing this but would welcome some thoughts and advice
(07-22-2017, 09:06 AM)watsa64 Wrote: The background is that my wife petitioned for divorce at the start of June on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour. I disagree with the reasons she gave.I had discovered she was having an emotional affair with an old school friend four days previously. She readily admitted this and I was going to divorce her but she petitioned first.

The AP's wife found out about the affair and chucked him out of the marital home. He and my wife have met up several times since - she had readily admitted this. He lives 80 miles away and is estranged from his own daughter.

We have put the house on the market but are still cohabiting. This is obviously not good. She has recently started to spend more time at her 'mums' .

I have just today discovered that the AP is now living in the same city as us and has already been introduced to our oldest kids.(both late teens). I was angry about this but she just seems to think it is nothing to do with me.

My STBX seems totally comfortable with introducing a man she has known for less than three months to our kids. I think this is totally inappropriate and is causing distress and confusion. 
I would have thought she would have waited at least 6 months.

I can't really stop her doing this but would welcome some thoughts and advice

Untill a Child Arrangments Order is made, you on the same legal standing as your ex.

Once an order is made, its up to the parent the child is with at the time, as to what they do and who they come into contact.

Your only option to stop is, is by obtaining a Prohibited Steps Court Order. You will only get this if you have strong evidance that this person is a risk to your child. The normal route would be to do a Sarah's Law application. As a person with PR, you have the right to do this on any adult your child is coming into contact with. The down side is it will only flag up offences if it makes him a risk to a child.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Your exclusive alternative to stop is, is by acquiring a Prohibited Steps Court Order. You will just get this in the event that you have solid evidance that this individual is a hazard to your youngster. The ordinary course is do a Sarah's Law application. As a man with PR, you have the privilege to do this on any grown-up your kid is coming into contact with. The drawback is it will just banner up offenses on the off chance that it makes him a hazard to a youngster.