Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contact Order
So after getting advice on here I have somehow managed to come to an agreement with my EX about my contact with my boy. Through informal messages and emails.

We have agreed on when I can have him, holidays, birthdays, xmas etc however I am 100% convinced she will not stick to this

So is there a template out there to make it more formal and is there a way to make it legally binding. Do I get a solicitor to write it up formally, can we take the agreed contact to court to get it legally binding? I am trying to cover my back for when she does eventually decide to not let me see him one weekend.

Cheers everyone Smile
Not sure anything you write on paper or email, is legally binding.
The things you are talking about would need to go through court to be legally binding I think.
Maybe you can have a commissioner for oaths both swear on it but not sure if they would allow it as there are too many laws involved

One of the other guys will be able to point you in the right direction my friend
Advice & opinions on this forum are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.
Hi,

upon application the court can endorse such an agreement but both parties have to agree to make it legally binding.

The court can then make a consent order.

I am not sure about the exact cost but is considerably less than the usual Gbp215.

However, I would recommend you run this via a lawyer to make sure there is nothing in there you later might want to change...

Hope this helps.

F.
To be safe for the future and make it a clear agreement between both of you I would recommend it gets turned into a Consent Order. As above, it's £215.
(07-24-2017, 08:01 AM)chris.jones10 Wrote: So after getting advice on here I have somehow managed to come to an agreement with my EX about my contact with my boy. Through informal messages and emails.

We have agreed on when I can have him, holidays, birthdays, xmas etc however I am 100% convinced she will not stick to this

So is there a template out there to make it more formal and is there a way to make it legally binding. Do I get a solicitor to write it up formally, can we take the agreed contact to court to get it legally binding? I am trying to cover my back for when she does eventually decide to not let me see him one weekend.

Cheers everyone Smile

The problem you have with using a Solicitor for a Consent Order, is their Duty of Care to get the best deal they can for their client.

Therefore, you need 1 to draw it up, instead by person A, and person B to get their own one to Check it.

In this case, its best if you can use someone else, perhaps a McKenzie Adviser, who is not covered by the same rules. However, I am only recomending this with regard to the drawing up of a Document, not in disputed cases.

You could also use a Mediation Company, and get their agreement then put into a Consent Order.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
So a quick update,

I have booked a MIAM appointment coming up in 3 weeks where I will discuss what has gone on. The EW has also agreed to attend mediation with me so hopefully everything will be sorted soon.

Cheers for all the advice. It has taken a few years to finally sort this out and wish I did It earlier but hey-ho. Onward and upwards

Chris