Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legitimate maintenance reductions.
With the exception of overnight stays and having another child living in your home, is anyone aware of any legitimate reasons that you can look to reduce the amount of maintenance you are calculated to pay?
Yes there are a few

Best checking this to see if you have any that count...if you need help deciphering it then let me know...early start tomorrow so can probably write more tomorrow after work

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/...ter/2/made
Advice & opinions on this forum are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.
(07-24-2017, 10:14 PM)Billy249 Wrote: With the exception of overnight stays and having another child living in your home, is anyone aware of any legitimate reasons that you can look to reduce the amount of maintenance you are calculated to pay?

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/family...variation/
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I went through this for mortgage payments for instance i was paying the mortgage of 300 and the cms calculator said i had to pay 300 (i have changed figures but just to show an example) what i found was that it didnt mean that paying the mortgage was all i had to pay. They tot up the total of the mortgage payments then take it off your gross pay which meant it reduced by a few pounds a month ie hardly worth it
Yep thats the new system Im afraid....unjust and hurtful...

We had one guy on here that (lucky) had a 50 grand salary and on top had 50 grand bonus...this year his bonus wasnt there.....but hes still paying his charge based on 100 grand. If they didnt have a government backing name and department, they would be slung in the cells for theft the way we get treated!
Advice & opinions on this forum are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.
Crafty aren’t they? Just offering crumbs...

I swear they want you to be deadbeats who miss payments or refuse to pay so that they that get that 20% extra!
I couldnt believe it......as the primary parent living in the fmh she refuses to pay anything to keep a roof over her head just has always said its my responsability.....that coupled with the cms and the way they calculate variations is scandalous.....us "deadbeat" dads end up paying twice!!!!
There are many many injustices in the whole set up from divorce to Contact to CMS.

Whatever happened to equality?
(07-25-2017, 10:20 PM)Hazy Wrote: There are many many injustices in the whole set up from divorce to Contact to CMS.

Whatever happened to equality?

I know. In my case I paid £40 per week and provided other things on top of that.

Residance changed unexpectedly with me getting 1 hours notice.

I lived 14 miles from my ex, in another County (as far as Housing is Concerned), and due to overcroweding my Local Council refered me to a Housing Assiciation who gave me a new build house to rent. This is still not in the same area as my ex, and is 8 miles from my house to the Contact Centre her Local Authroity said has to be used, twice a week.

My ex will never work, and I get £13.45 child support every 2 weeks on Collect and Pay, as its 4 weeks in arrears (what the law does not let them enforce as shes on Income Related Benefit), yet her Local Authroity want me to transport the children to and from contact what costs more than her child support payment.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
It’ sucks badly Mark and it breaks so many rules of fairness and equality.

I try to help by talking to people and spreading the word and tweeting various organisations to question what they say nothing and do nothing about it. I fight so that neither of my sons will ever be treated like this should they end up as non resident parents.

Single parents don’t see that they are setting up their brother/sons for this kind of treatment. They just care about themselves. I’m pleased to be an exception to this rule lol

How are you finding being a full time single parent Dad ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Overnight reductions Billy249 2 2,788 07-25-2017, 07:39 AM
Last Post: MarkR