Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSA rules
I recently read on the direct.gov.uk site that if the non resident parent refuses to provide information on their current salary the csa (I know they named something else now) will automatically default and make you pay x amount per week. I was horrified to find that their figure under these circumstances was around 50% of what I actually pay already.
Does anyone have any experience of refusing to provide financial information to their ex and to the csa. I am employed and it would therefore be very easy to establish my salary via my employer and thus I don't see how this actually works (unless of course you are self employed and hiding income).
This is not a tactic I intend to use to be honest, unless my ex continues to play games such as the following: She has been pinching nights off me to keep me from reaching 52 per year and qualify for a reduce payment, refusing to share any of the transportation, sending the kids in their old clothes so I buy them new stuff, texting me once I've picked them up saying they desperately need hair cuts, refused to contribute to passport costs on the basis that she will 'never be able to afford to take them abroad'. The following year guess where she took them. The list could go on and on and on but I want people to read this instead get lost in a information overload.
Thanks
Unless you are self employed, they will back track the last 6 years with HMRC.

If you have been self employed you will be required to provide your accounts showing profits etc for the last 6 years

or
it will default to a standard minimum, which without looking I cant remember.

The latter part of your post leads me to think that a visit to court may be in order to define and clarify what you two both accept in relation to the kids wellbeing, if you dont already have one.
Advice & opinions on this forum are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.
Oh don't I know it about refusing to do any of the pickups and drop offs. Even has the cheek to run to the CMS but that bit her on the (a) because they said even less than what I offered.

Good luck. Play by the book, friend.
Once a CMS calculation is made and what you have to pay is established any extra are at YOUR discretion. There is nothing she can do if you don’t pay these extras.

You are however expected to meet all child costs in your time. Haircuts would be a day to day cost which is covered by your payment and should therefore really be her cost. You can of course pay for haircuts if you wish.

Passports really should have been her costs also.

You just have to learn to say no to anything you don’t wish to pay. It will be used against you of course but the more you do it the more it is expected that you just cough up. Boundaries need to be set.

If you pay maintenance and she wants say half of the cost of new shoes as an extra where does her half come from, your maintenance money ?? So effectively you pay for the entire shoes.

You just need to keep your wits about you and only pay what you wish to whilst remembering you are not legally bound to pay extra.
(07-24-2017, 10:36 PM)Billy249 Wrote: I recently read on the direct.gov.uk site that if the non resident parent refuses to provide information on their current salary the csa (I know they named something else now) will automatically default and make you pay x amount per week. I was horrified to find that their figure under these circumstances was around 50% of what I actually pay already.
Does anyone have any experience of refusing to provide financial information to their ex and to the csa. I am employed and it would therefore be very easy to establish my salary via my employer and thus I don't see how this actually works (unless of course you are self employed and hiding income).
This is not a tactic I intend to use to be honest, unless my ex continues to play games such as the following: She has been pinching nights off me to keep me from reaching 52 per year and qualify for a reduce payment, refusing to share any of the transportation, sending the kids in their old clothes so I buy them new stuff, texting me once I've picked them up saying they desperately need hair cuts, refused to contribute to passport costs on the basis that she will 'never be able to afford to take them abroad'. The following year guess where she took them. The list could go on and on and on but I want people to read this instead get lost in a information overload.
Thanks

Re Drop off and Collection, its up to the parent having contact unless its agreed the other will do some of it.

However, in a CMS case, you can ask for a reducation if your ex has relocated, and you now have increased costs for transprot.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Morning everyone,
I'm probably sure this has already been covered in one of these threads, but thought I would ask anyway!
My ex-wife has applied to the CMA on 1st November 2016. I have phoned them regularly to see where the currents state of play was.
On 21st July 2017 they finally decided upon the figures for both of our children.
I have my children three nights every week. Every weekend. She drops them to me on a friday evening and I return them to school the following monday.
In affect she has them four nights of the week and I have the other three.
The CMA have awarded her £46.28 each week or £185.12 per month.
They have also indicated that due to the amount of time they have taken to complete the matter, I have now got to pay £347 due to arrears, this obviously includes the £185 plus arrears.
I have phoned them numerous times, they still have my weekly wage wrong as I pay into a work pension which they have not taken into account.

How is it that she receives all child benefit and tax credits and I have to pay her for the four nights of care when I receive nothing in return for the three nights of care that I have my children?
I'm guessing they have reduced my payments for the three nights I have them, yet she does not send any money to me? I am paying her for the four nights PLUS having to pay myself for the three nights that i have them? Surely it would make sense to pay her for the ONE night extra that she has the children each week, and NOT the four nights that she has them?
Struggling to get my head round this!
Non resident parents are fast becoming the most discriminated against group.

Acvording to the benefit system you are a single person with NO children.

According to childmaintenance she has NIL income and you will pay CMS even if you only earn £7 and have no contact with the children. You would then have to give her that £7 but you get it back if you see the kids.

Sucks doesn’t it?
(07-28-2017, 08:45 AM)mattshakes Wrote: Morning everyone,
I'm probably sure this has already been covered in one of these threads, but thought I would ask anyway!
My ex-wife has applied to the CMA on 1st November 2016. I have phoned them regularly to see where the currents state of play was.
On 21st July 2017 they finally decided upon the figures for both of our children.
I have my children three nights every week. Every weekend. She drops them to me on a friday evening and I return them to school the following monday.
In affect she has them four nights of the week and I have the other three.
The CMA have awarded her £46.28 each week or £185.12 per month.
They have also indicated that due to the amount of time they have taken to complete the matter, I have now got to pay £347 due to arrears, this obviously includes the £185 plus arrears.
I have phoned them numerous times, they still have my weekly wage wrong as I pay into a work pension which they have not taken into account.

How is it that she receives all child benefit and tax credits and I have to pay her for the four nights of care when I receive nothing in return for the three nights of care that I have my children?
I'm guessing they have reduced my payments for the three nights I have them, yet she does not send any money to me? I am paying her for the four nights  PLUS having to pay myself for the three nights that i have them? Surely it would make sense to pay her for the ONE night extra that she has the children each week, and NOT the four nights that she has them?
Struggling to get my head round this!

The Welfare Benefit Reforms make Child Benefit the deciding factor for everything.

The starting point with your complaint should be your local MP, as only they can change the law.

The CMS reduction for "Staying contact" is to take into account you have the cost of the child, but where the system lets people down is where the contact is not overnight, as an example there was one case where the Non Resident Parent worked 6am till 2pm, and then had the child from school until the ex finished work including giving the children dinner, then back about 6pm.  As far as CMS was concerend, this was not allowed to be considered.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CMS rules now in place Hazy 5 4,472 12-10-2018, 07:45 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  CMS Rules around day to day shared care and appeals process mikef 23 23,896 03-12-2018, 08:14 PM
Last Post: boyce57
  is my son still under csa rules in uni mogzee13 2 3,783 10-08-2016, 12:57 AM
Last Post: mogzee13
  New CSA rules / birth cert and adoption mrs dad 3 6,520 04-21-2016, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Norfolk n Good