Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The £20 CMS fee and witnessing child abuse
http://www.marilynstowe.co.uk/2017/08/04...t-cms-fee/

This may well bring in a whole new set of issues surrounding contact as it has to have been reported first.
(08-06-2017, 01:52 PM)Hazy Wrote: http://www.marilynstowe.co.uk/2017/08/04...t-cms-fee/

This may well bring in a whole new set of issues surrounding contact as it has to have been reported first.

I am doing daily checks on when the Pettition Website is back up and running. This is yet another example of the system letting NRP down.

There is clear finantial advantages for the Resident Parent to obstruct/limit contact.

What I want the Goverment to debate, is the starting point for Child Support to be 53-104 night bracket (unless the arrangements are more nights).
The no reduction rate should only be payable in a few situations, like
1, the child is a product of rape
2, the NRP has no interest in trying to see their child.
3, a Court has decided they can not have "Staying" contact.

With the current system, it can take up to 9 months for someone to be cleared, and while they will then get to see the Children, the Resident Parent has had £300+ extra Child Support they would not of go, if the contact had been taking place.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(08-06-2017, 06:25 PM)MarkR Wrote:
(08-06-2017, 01:52 PM)Hazy Wrote: http://www.marilynstowe.co.uk/2017/08/04...t-cms-fee/

I am doing daily checks on when the Pettition Website is back up and running. This is yet another example of the system letting NRP down.

There is clear finantial advantages for the Resident Parent to obstruct/limit contact.

What I want the Goverment to debate, is the starting point for Child Support to be 53-104 night bracket (unless the arrangements are more nights).
The no reduction rate should only be payable in a few situations, like
1, the child is a product of rape
2, the NRP has no interest in trying to see their child.
3, a Court has decided they can not have "Staying" contact.

With the current system, it can take up to 9 months for someone to be cleared, and while they will then get to see the Children, the Resident Parent has had £300+ extra Child Support they would not of go, if the contact had been taking place.

I fear that the 3rd child policy will for tax credits/universal credits will have much the same effect as the rape has to have been reported also, but this remains to be seen.  The policy is cruel to all so here's hoping it will be scrapped.

The financial advantages will simply result in many more false allegations.

I have been reading  a lot of stuff lately including the review of the practice direction 12J child arrangements and contact orders: Domestic Violence and Harm.   The final  report is due out soon but the reports submitted don't make great reading for NRP's (a lot of it is based around Women's Aid '19 Child Homicides Report').  However it is best to see what the actual proposal ends up being before I go off on a path that is incorrect lol

So in some ways just when you think NRP's are starting to get their voices heard along comes things like these.

One day it will all go to far and scandal/exposure will be the only way that things get rectified.  Such is the way things are done in the UK !!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Denied Child Contact. Allegations Domestic Abuse SM86 8 8,376 03-04-2018, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Child abuse accusations kettleman 11 11,880 01-16-2018, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000