Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, and why does kids mum wants copies of kids passports
Hi all- this is my first post on here- I have searched for any relevant answers, but not come up with anything.

I am two years down the line from separation and the divorce is still stumbling on for several reasons. I have my kids 50% of the time. There are still financial wranglings going on, as submission of form Es showed the balance was firmly in the mums favour, which is being disputed and is a tough challenge. The person I am dealing with here is extremely logical and calculated and has asked for copies of the kids passports this week- this comes on the back of what was probably a challenging letter from my solicitor. There has never been any issue with who has the passports, as they just go to the parent who is taking them on holiday, so I am at a loss to understand this latest request and it worries me. 

Has anyone had similar experiences, or can think of situations, e.g. custody, financial applications, policies or legal proceedings where a parent would need passport copies? I may be worrying about nothing but would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks all.
(08-16-2017, 05:06 PM)Indigodad Wrote: Hi all- this is my first post on here- I have searched for any relevant answers, but not come up with anything.

I am two years down the line from separation and the divorce is still stumbling on for several reasons. I have my kids 50% of the time. There are still financial wranglings going on, as submission of form Es showed the balance was firmly in the mums favour, which is being disputed and is a tough challenge. The person I am dealing with here is extremely logical and calculated and has asked for copies of the kids passports this week- this comes on the back of what was probably a challenging letter from my solicitor. There has never been any issue with who has the passports, as they just go to the parent who is taking them on holiday, so I am at a loss to understand this latest request and it worries me. 

Has anyone had similar experiences, or can think of situations, e.g. custody, financial applications, policies or legal proceedings where a parent would need passport copies? I may be worrying about nothing but would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks all.

Passports belong in law to The Crown. It is normal for the Resident Parnet to hold them except when they are in use with the other parent.

There might be a valid reason they are needed, for example ID for a benefit claim etc.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
The only think I can think of is that she wants the dates that then run out so that she renews them before you do and this has possession of them.

Or

She probably plans to have them certified as a true copy of original documents.

https://www.gov.uk/certifying-a-document

Can’t travel with passport copies though I don’t think unless a certified copy is somehow different.

Maybe she just wants to make you wonder what she is up to.
Thanks Hazy and MarkR- nice just to hear someone out there- the mind can run away at times on probably inconsequential things.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Self isolation for kids Sb1353 5 1,137 07-17-2021, 08:03 PM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Not seeing kids at xmas civic4 4 2,407 01-02-2021, 08:57 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Ex telling the kids they're moving away from me Gra76 7 4,074 11-03-2020, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Should teacher Ex have more time with kids mikec 5 3,840 07-30-2020, 07:45 AM
Last Post: mikec
  The alienation of my kids has begun proud_dad 8 7,933 09-03-2019, 08:31 PM
  Ex changing kids school sandman 6 6,057 04-22-2019, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Naive
  Ex wants to take kids abroad sandman 4 5,112 04-15-2019, 01:58 PM
  Access to my kids mrbungle 9 9,392 04-03-2019, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Tom_W88
  Help needed - not seen kids in 5 weeks danh1980 5 6,918 12-17-2018, 04:17 PM
Last Post: stoneangel
  Legal Rights to Know about my kids education kessex80 2 4,142 11-22-2018, 05:25 AM