Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can my ex stop my child being left in my partners care?
We are going to court in the near future so that my partner and I can have more access to my daughter during school holidays, we are asking for time during the summer, Easter and Christmas. So we are able to take her away, which at the moment my ex refuses to let me do.  We have been separated for 4 years and I have been with my partner for 18 months, we live together and plan to have our own family within the next 12 months.

My partner has a wonderful relationship with my daughter, she plays such an active roll in her life and my daughter and her are very close. Occasionally I maybe called away for work for an hour, or need to pop out, in which case we will ask my daughter if she would like to go with daddy or stay with my partner. Every time she asks to stay with my partner.

My ex has requested that when we go to court that she wants a specific issue order against my partner so that my daughter cannot be left in her care.  And she has said “or any other partners care” which is obviously just a spiteful comment.

My partner previously worked at a hospital, on a high dependency children’s unit so is obviously cleared to work with vulnerable children and in a position of trust. She obviously also has no criminal record, a stable job and like I mentioned before has the best relationship with my daughter.

It is still worrying my partner that she will be stopped being able to be left with my daughter as this will obviously affect our future children also, can anyone shed any light at all on this? Is there anything we can do to support our case?

Thanks everyone J
(08-18-2017, 12:39 PM)Charlottey Wrote: We are going to court in the near future so that my partner and I can have more access to my daughter during school holidays, we are asking for time during the summer, Easter and Christmas. So we are able to take her away, which at the moment my ex refuses to let me do.  We have been separated for 4 years and I have been with my partner for 18 months, we live together and plan to have our own family within the next 12 months.

My partner has a wonderful relationship with my daughter, she plays such an active roll in her life and my daughter and her are very close. Occasionally I maybe called away for work for an hour, or need to pop out, in which case we will ask my daughter if she would like to go with daddy or stay with my partner. Every time she asks to stay with my partner.

My ex has requested that when we go to court that she wants a specific issue order against my partner so that my daughter cannot be left in her care.  And she has said “or any other partners care” which is obviously just a spiteful comment.

My partner previously worked at a hospital, on a high dependency children’s unit so is obviously cleared to work with vulnerable children and in a position of trust. She obviously also has no criminal record, a stable job and like I mentioned before has the best relationship with my daughter.

It is still worrying my partner that she will be stopped being able to be left with my daughter as this will obviously affect our future children also, can anyone shed any light at all on this? Is there anything we can do to support our case?

Thanks everyone J

As long as your are present the bulk of the time, she can not object to it.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I won court for shared care, ex moved away, child lives with me.... now what? mrjones 3 1,357 10-22-2018, 03:43 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Error in Child Care Agreement ad0612 0 746 12-12-2017, 08:19 PM
Last Post: ad0612
  Child in care help Loulou90 2 1,593 11-19-2017, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Loulou90