Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
outcome of cp conference
Thumbs Up 
hi all

just looking for some advice, 
i recently attended a child protection conference for my 10 year old daughter as i had concerns of her mother using drugs, turns out she has been heavily linked with drugs for the past 2-3 years without my knowledge, she failed tests for opiates, crack and cocaine.

when my daughter is with her mother which wasnt that often anyway sometimes as little as once every 10 days and no more than twice a week she would go to school mucky or often in clothes that did not fit, she was only being fed tins of spaghetti, her mother would regularly sell her stuff and she has a drug using partner.

well the conference went well for me, my daughter was placed on the at risk register under neglect and has been removed from her mother and placed with me, which myself and my daughter are over the moon about, now she has told social services that she wants our daughter back but my daughter doesnt want to go back even if she does work with social services and manage to get clean.

ive told social services that i will not under any circumstances allow any visits until she passes several drug tests neither will i allow her to go to her home, they agree, but if she does get clean and wants my daughter back, 
firstly do i have to give her back if my daughter doesnt want to go back? 

secondly the mother claims all the benefits for the child but still isnt helping towards her, can i make a claim for it and win?

any help would be much appreciated
If you are now the resident parent the mother cannot claim these benefits any longer.

Write (or call) to the child benefit agency and Cintact tax credits office regarding the change of residency. As resident parent you will win as you have the majority day to day care.

You will also be entitled to claim child maintenance.

If the mother gets clean she will be entitled to have contact with the child. However, if the child is over 10 her wishes can be considered if mother applies for residency. The courts will look at lots of things before making a decision. It’s not as simple as just handing her back. Reports and that will have to be done.
(08-18-2017, 07:57 PM)Hazy Wrote: If you are now the resident parent the mother cannot claim these benefits any longer.

Write (or call) to the child benefit agency and Cintact tax credits office regarding the change of residency.  As resident parent you will win as you have the majority day to day care.

If the mother gets clean she will be entitled to have contact with the child. However, if the child is over 10 her wishes can be considered if mother applies for residency. The courts will look at lots of things before making a decision. It’s not as simple as just handing her back.  Reports and that will have to be done.

Sorry Hazy, but once Child Protection/Welfare Issues are proved like in this case, wishes and desires is limited as to if they want contact or not, and then SS have to work out if there is a safe enviroment, or does it have to be in a contact centre.

Claim Child Benefit, sending them either a copy of the court order if it exists, or a letter from SS, confirming the Child lives with you.
Do the same with Tax Credits.

http://www.entitledto.co.uk  will flag up what you can expect to get. If she is not working, then Child Support might be capped if shes on some Benefits to £7 a week, and nothing if she ends up getting over 52 nights a year Staying Contact.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(08-18-2017, 08:42 PM)MarkR Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 07:57 PM)Hazy Wrote: If you are now the resident parent the mother cannot claim these benefits any longer.

Write (or call) to the child benefit agency and Cintact tax credits office regarding the change of residency.  As resident parent you will win as you have the majority day to day care.

If the mother gets clean she will be entitled to have contact with the child. However, if the child is over 10 her wishes can be considered if mother applies for residency. The courts will look at lots of things before making a decision. It’s not as simple as just handing her back.  Reports and that will have to be done.

Sorry Hazy, but once Child Protection/Welfare Issues are proved like in this case, wishes and desires is limited as to if they want contact or not, and then SS have to work out if there is a safe enviroment, or does it have to be in a contact centre.

Claim Child Benefit, sending them either a copy of the court order if it exists, or a letter from SS, confirming the Child lives with you.

http://www.entitledto.co.uk  will flag up what you can expect to get. If she is not working, then Child Support might be capped if shes on some Benefits to £7 a week, and nothing if she ends up getting over 52 nights a year Staying Contact.

@MarkR In this apparent ruling are the wishes of the child (10 years old) not taken into consideration?

Surely, in this case, there is argument that the mother is clearly unfit and surely this should warrant supervised visits at best? Wouldn't want to discourage a mother's involvement, but if the ball was on the other foot and role reversal here, what would be the outcome?

Hope I haven't missed the point, but curious! 

LS
(08-23-2017, 02:52 PM)Levi_Saint Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 08:42 PM)MarkR Wrote:

@MarkR In this apparent ruling are the wishes of the child (10 years old) not taken into consideration?

Surely, in this case, there is argument that the mother is clearly unfit and surely this should warrant supervised visits at best? Wouldn't want to discourage a mother's involvement, but if the ball was on the other foot and role reversal here, what would be the outcome?

Hope I haven't missed the point, but curious! 

LS

Responding via Private Message.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.