Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice Required on Access and location Knowledge
I am a father of a 8 week old baby. 

Not wanting to go into the details my now ex partner has decided that we are no longer going to be together (Mainly my fault).

We have agreed that i get to see my daughter for two hours during the week and three hours on a weekend day of which my ex is with me all the time.

We are moving to separate abodes but she will not tell me where she is going to be living do i have any rights to know where about's it is?

There are no restrictions on me seeing my daughter apart from my ex-paranoia, can I insist on knowing is there any law thats states I must know?

Any advice on this is greatly appreciated.

Dale
(06-19-2016, 09:22 AM)DaleSkey Wrote: I am a father of a 8 week old baby. 

Not wanting to go into the details my now ex partner has decided that we are no longer going to be together (Mainly my fault).

We have agreed that i get to see my daughter for two hours during the week and three hours on a weekend day of which my ex is with me all the time.

We are moving to separate abodes but she will not tell me where she is going to be living do i have any rights to know where about's it is?

There are no restrictions on me seeing my daughter apart from my ex-paranoia, can I insist on knowing is there any law thats states I must know?

Dale

Assuming your have PR by being married on the day of birth or are named on the birth certificate by being present at time of registration your on the same legal standing as your ex.

There is no legal reason why your ex should be present for contact. Assuming your not contesting the baby living with your ex, at that age your being offered what is about the normal amount of time. Normally from 2 years old, staying contact should happen, with a min of being along the lines of Friday til Sunday every 2 weeks, and up to half school holidays. Often there is a mid week overnight as well, or just one on the week the child is with the ex at the weekend. It is very important you include a review for this in any documents so your ex can not make a case you did not want it.

You do not have the right to know where she lives, but you do have the right to know where the child is registered with a Doctor, and any school as the child gets older. Your ex does not have the right to remove the child out of the UK without your consent, unless a Child Arrangements Order makes her the Resident Parent, and then its limited to a holiday of up to 28 days, unless you give consent.

To get contact in place, you have to attend Mediation if you can not agree things between yourselves, before court. However, where her address is not know, it gives you a direct route to court. You file a "whereabouts not known" form and the court trace her to serve the papers. They will  use things like Police, Benefits Agency, HMRC, NHS or any other parts of Local Authority or Government controlled agency's.

Here is the link to the Child Support Calculator, as I am sure once your ex moves, this will be the next thing coming. Its better if you work this out yourselves as well. http://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance

On any documents you might do on this, you need a review clause once anything considered changes. The considered information is,

a, Your income

b, If you or any new partner have dependent children (who either of you get child benefit for)

c, The amount of staying contact. (This reduces what you have to pay, as your supporting the child at that time).
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(06-19-2016, 10:26 AM)MarkRthank you for your advice!Dale Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 09:22 AM)DaleSkey Wrote: I am a father of a 8 week old baby. 

Dale

Assuming your have PR by being married on the day of birth or are named on the birth certificate by being present at time of registration your on the same legal standing as your ex.

There is no legal reason why your ex should be present for contact. Assuming your not contesting the baby living with your ex, at that age your being offered what is about the normal amount of time. Normally from 2 years old, staying contact should happen, with a min of being along the lines of Friday til Sunday every 2 weeks, and up to half school holidays. Often there is a mid week overnight as well, or just one on the week the child is with the ex at the weekend. It is very important you include a review for this in any documents so your ex can not make a case you did not want it.

You do not have the right to know where she lives, but you do have the right to know where the child is registered with a Doctor, and any school as the child gets older. Your ex does not have the right to remove the child out of the UK without your consent, unless a Child Arrangements Order makes her the Resident Parent, and then its limited to a holiday of up to 28 days, unless you give consent.

To get contact in place, you have to attend Mediation if you can not agree things between yourselves, before court. However, where her address is not know, it gives you a direct route to court. You file a "whereabouts not known" form and the court trace her to serve the papers. They will  use things like Police, Benefits Agency, HMRC, NHS or any other parts of Local Authority or Government controlled agency's.

Here is the link to the Child Support Calculator, as I am sure once your ex moves, this will be the next thing coming. Its better if you work this out yourselves as well. http://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance

On any documents you might do on this, you need a review clause once anything considered changes. The considered information is,

a, Your income

b, If you or any new partner have dependent children (who either of you get child benefit for)

c, The amount of staying contact. (This reduces what you have to pay, as your supporting the child at that time).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Real quick advice required pl Dingle01902 10 10,503 11-13-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  advice on forms required for enforcement and variation sloth 3 5,859 03-28-2017, 08:37 PM
  Advice required Lost_Dad 1 3,853 10-26-2016, 04:57 PM
  Advice Required - Problems Dropping Off Children. wilsons077 1 4,175 06-19-2016, 05:14 PM