Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Advice Im really stuck
Hi all , just needing advice on where to turn  , my ex partner whom i have a 6 yr old daughter with had a restraining order on her ex partner for domestic abuse while my daughter was in the house hold social services got involved but because a restraining order was present they had no concerns for my daughters safety which i understand , now yesterday i went to pick up my daughter and i was 15 mins early and i seen the man who has a restraining order coming out the house in a hurry he didnt see me so when i went in i asked if everything was ok my partner said yes why and i said because i seen said man coming out she said right as if to say and what is my problem with that and she told me theyre back together what do i do i have my daughter with me this weekend and we recentley moved house and my ex doesnt know were i live im tempted to keep hold of her as im concerned for her safety any advice help anything needed 

sorry for the bad punctuation im just so mad n upset ranting on the keyboard 

please help
You could go for a prohibited steps order I believe - someone else may have more of an idea
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Having had a bit of experience with this sort of thing.

Firstly, the restraining order is useless if your ex is still seeing this person. You can inform the police that he is breaching it, they usually come with a power of arrest. This may cause issues with you and your ex.

You can wait until he does his abusive stuff again and see if he gets locked up. You can also make contact with social services and give them your concerns. They already have involvement and should make contact with your ex and conduct safe and well visits.

If your concerns are great (and believe me I know they can be) you can get an emergency hearing at the family court (I did this) give the judge your concerns and he/she may issue a prohibited steps order. This will prevent the child being removed from your care until such time as it's dealt with. This will be served on you ex stating you will not be returning your child until it's sorted by the court. This will trigger a meeting between you the judge and your ex and an initial hearing date will be set.

The order will cost you £215. Make sure all your issues are listed and appropriate paperwork completed. If you are asking for more than one thing make sure its added now, this will save you making additional applications and costing you more cash.

What to you want to achieve? Be sure of what you want and get advice on whether its achievable.

I wish you well

Dazz
Hi , i have spoken to both the SS and the Police , who have said my daughter is to remain in my care till they have done their investigation /check

thank you both
(08-26-2017, 04:46 PM)DeanBell Wrote: Hi , i have spoken to both the SS and the Police , who have said my daughter is to remain in my care till they have done their investigation /check

thank you both

Great news. Please get the order. It will stop mother attending school and taking her back. The school will be powerless to stop her. SS have no powers and unless there are bail conditions in place for you ex or other parties etc then the police can't either.

I know, I had to do similar during a police / ss investigation.
cheers Dazz i am looking into it as we speak thank you really appreciate the help like really really
(08-26-2017, 07:48 PM)DeanBell Wrote: cheers Dazz i am looking into it as we speak thank you really appreciate the help like really really

You might be able to get Legal Aid, so speck to a Local Solicitor. For sure you will, if the Local Authrotiy bring care proceedings, what they might do, with their care provision for your child being for him/her to remain with you.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Cheers everyone really do appreciate you taking the time to help

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stuck on what to ask for at court Charlie7000 4 6,108 08-28-2017, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Stuck between a rock and a hard place kdesilva 1 2,903 08-07-2017, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Hazy
Thumbs Down Breach of contact..upset and feel stuck! honestdad 28 40,417 03-14-2017, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Frisbos