Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child Arrangement through court- How long can it take?
Dear Fellows,

Please can you advise on how long does it take to seek court based child arrangement?

Bit of background I had changed my immigration status on basis of my wife, which she got curtailed on pretext of divorcing which is ongoing process now. So I am applying on basis of my child who is british citizen and I was told by some solicitor I need to have some kind of court order on child arrangement to stay back in the country. The truth is I have been supporting my child and home since my wife on maternity. I am worried about my child as this would totally take me away from little one. Please can you advice/
(08-26-2017, 06:38 PM)Dell Wrote: Dear Fellows,

Please can you advise on how long does it take to seek court based child arrangement?

Bit of background I had changed my immigration status on basis of my wife, which she got curtailed on pretext of divorcing which is ongoing process now. So I am applying on basis of my child who is british citizen and I was told by some solicitor I need to have some kind of court order on child arrangement to stay back in the country. The truth is I have been supporting my child and home since my wife on maternity. I am worried about my child as this would totally take me away from little one. Please can you advice/

Hi Dell.

In my case it took 8 months. I guess it depends on the court, whether you're represented or not. It can also depend on whether reports have to be prepared for the court by the likes of CAFCAS etc.

Good luck
Thanks Dazzpol,

Do you know if mediation or self discussion evidence is important to apply for Court based arrangement?

No case is ever the same. You might get a deal done at your first hearing, or it might go on for months.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Mine took 4 months. It depends on the court. Some courts are busier than other so may take longer in those. You need to make sure everything you submit is correct so that it is not returned to you for amendments

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considering amendment to Child Arrangement Order nikontog 10 4,972 01-03-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Child arrangement order constantly broken Sadman2016 9 8,314 08-28-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Sadman2016
  How long to write court order after final hearing? lostsoul 5 5,915 03-13-2019, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Child arrangement orders mucha79 2 3,679 01-25-2019, 08:49 AM
Last Post: mucha79
  Child Arrangement Order Advice, please Noel-1972 6 7,076 11-18-2018, 09:16 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Child Arrangement Order Advice Stew2508 0 1,868 08-26-2018, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Stew2508
  Amendment to child arrangement order Dadhl 0 1,875 06-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Dadhl
  changing a child arrangement order regarding travel pinky 1 3,251 02-19-2018, 12:06 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Child arrangement order breach jamez2018 19 21,509 01-14-2018, 08:38 PM
Last Post: jamez2018
  Advice and points for a final Child Arrangement Order DadNeedingAdvice 2 4,320 08-16-2017, 05:42 PM
Last Post: MarkR