Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child Application Order
Hello everyone,

This is my first post and so hope it is in the right section....

My ex wife and I have been separated for 3 years and divorced for 2 now and I have 2 boys aged 7 & 4 

My ex had an affair and in the beginning I had the boys 70% of the time and we then moved (as it was too much driving around) to a more familiar contact of:

Week 1 - Friday to Sunday night
Week 2 - nothing (on her terms)

I was also paying the right maintenance - however my ex has recently called the CMS to say I never have them and this is all since I met a new partner

I have tried mediation but my ex isn't capable of making rationale decisions in their eyes and so they have deemed us "unsuitable"

I have just completed and made an application to court through a C100 - I haven't used a solicitor as I didn't feel it was right for someone to speak on my behalf for my children.

My order contains 

- Week 1 Friday to Monday morning drop off to school
- Week 2 nothing as my ex refuses to allow mid week nights
- Summer Holidays 2 consecutive weeks with additional weekend and another week (3 weeks total)
- Week at Easter
- 4 nights across the other half terms
- Week at Christmas

I am doing all the collections and drop offs as I moved 30 mins away when we separated

I used a solicitor for the order but not for the hearings - is this Ok?

Does the order seem likely to be agreed/acceptable?

Thanks all.

Adam
(09-18-2017, 08:38 PM)Whatola Wrote: Hello everyone,

This is my first post and so hope it is in the right section....

My ex wife and I have been separated for 3 years and divorced for 2 now and I have 2 boys aged 7 & 4 

My ex had an affair and in the beginning I had the boys 70% of the time and we then moved (as it was too much driving around) to a more familiar contact of:

Week 1 - Friday to Sunday night
Week 2 - nothing (on her terms)

I was also paying the right maintenance - however my ex has recently called the CMS to say I never have them and this is all since I met a new partner

I have tried mediation but my ex isn't capable of making rationale decisions in their eyes and so they have deemed us "unsuitable"

I have just completed and made an application to court through a C100 - I haven't used a solicitor as I didn't feel it was right for someone to speak on my behalf for my children.

My order contains 

- Week 1 Friday to Monday morning drop off to school
- Week 2 nothing as my ex refuses to allow mid week nights
- Summer Holidays 2 consecutive weeks with additional weekend and another week (3 weeks total)
- Week at Easter
- 4 nights across the other half terms
- Week at Christmas

I am doing all the collections and drop offs as I moved 30 mins away when we separated

I used a solicitor for the order but not for the hearings - is this Ok?

Does the order seem likely to be agreed/acceptable?

Thanks all.

Adam

The Order is in line what with most people get.

My suggestion is that it says every 2 weeks from xxx and that with the Half terms, you say normal weekend, with extra time at the start or end, with handover being lunchtime on the Wednesday.

You might also want to ask for turns each on signficant days, like Christmas Day.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.